Illinois...

I can highly recommend Franzen Farms' turkey eggs!!
thumbsup.gif
I hatched some for the Cinco de Mayo hatchalong. Great fertility and very good representatives of their breed.

I started out with 2 and a little coop my hubby made me as a surprise for Mothers Day. Since then we added on to that coop then I took over his shed and now I have a 5th wheel camper that a friend of ours gave us for free that I have been slowly converting intother coop. We are at about 35 chickens right now. When we had the meaties we were at almost 70, but processed 28.We still have one meatie left. She is a little cross beak that my husband wouldnt let me process, but she wouldnt have been much she is really small. We have 9 babies right now that 2 silkies hatched and I have 3 bantam cochins that keep trying to set but right now my eggs are not fertile. We lost our rooster a couple of months ago. I have his son but he is not old enough to do anything yet. I hope he is as good as his daddy was.
Wow you have lots of chickens and lots of experience I'd say! We converted a shed to a coop this summer when it was like 100 degrees. We have friends who have a chickencamper too but I've not seen it. Our hens are 1 Buff Orpington, 2 R Island Reds, 2 Barred Rocks & 2 Delawares. Had a rooster that was just fine & then turned mean so gave him to a neighbor & he's most likely in their freezer. I'm just too "chicken" to process chickens
hmm.png

Wow you have lots of chickens and lots of experience I'd say! We converted a shed to a coop this summer when it was like 100 degrees. We have friends who have a chickencamper too but I've not seen it. Our hens are 1 Buff Orpington, 2 R Island Reds, 2 Barred Rocks & 2 Delawares. Had a rooster that was just fine & then turned mean so gave him to a neighbor & he's most likely in their freezer. I'm just too "chicken" to process chickens
hmm.png
Well I cheated and took them to Arthur for processing. I am hoping that maybe in a couple of years I might get to the point of processing them myself. It took me 3 years to get to the point of raising them. I have Naked Necks Barred Rocks Australorps Austra Whites Delawares Speckled Sussex Cinnamon Queens Lemon Cuckoo Orpingtons Bantam Cochins and Silkie Mixes. My roo was a Barred Rock and his son is a mix of Barred Rock and I dont know what but he looks like his daddy. At one point or another we have had several roosters and I haveyet to have a people aggressive one but I dont let them. First time of them side stepping me and I go after them. They hate to be picked up in front of the girls it embarresses them. I also dont let them mate in front of me. We had ducks but a friend of mine took them that has a farm with a pond. She spoils her chicken and ducks. Her coop has airconditioning and is heated.

I dont have chickens, I have ducks. Just a couple jumbo pekins but come spring gonna add some cayugas and some buffs. And im also thinking bout raising some pheasants.
how about quail? I know where there are a bunch of eggs, and I don't feel like starting the 'bators yet.

Back
Top Bottom