Selling Eggs

GrandmaOrpington

Chirping
Dec 5, 2023
Alton, Illinois USA
We are recent chicken people. Some people have just asked to buy some of our eggs. We live in Illinois. What price do you charge for a dozen eggs?
( Speak softly. I think they're listening.)
20240110_122112.jpg

We are recent chicken people. Some people have just asked to buy some of our eggs. We live in Illinois. What price do you charge for a dozen eggs?
Are there other people selling eggs near you? What do they charge?

If you're going to do this a lot, ask people to save egg cartons from store eggs and bring them when they want to buy eggs.

Are there other people selling eggs near you? What do they charge?

If you're going to do this a lot, ask people to save egg cartons from store eggs and bring them when they want to buy eggs.
I don't really know. I understand that there can be liability issues. I may have to rethink this. We did not intend to make our chickens a business.
Getting thrown in the slammer over egg sales would suck ! :bow

I don't really know. I understand that there can be liability issues. I may have to rethink this. We did not intend to make our chickens a business.
Getting thrown in the slammer over egg sales would suck ! :bow
A liability issue? Is your flock free from salmonella and are you cleaning your eggs?

Arizona $4 for a dozen chicken
$5 for dozen duck
$3 for a dozen quail

But if you look around as to what others in your area are selling for… probably best bet. Then you can sell them for a few cents less and take all the customers…bwahahahaha

If you have eaten your eggs and not gotten sick, sell your eggs for what you feel is fair.

You probably can NOT sell them as organic eggs. There are a lot of regulations about organic. It's not just feeding them organic feed; there's a lot more.

There is a place about 3 miles from me that sells eggs for $4/dozen. About a mile away, someone was advertising "organic eggs" for $3 a dozen. Someone might have challenged them on that, as the sign was gone in a few weeks, never to reappear.

Back
Top Bottom