Illinois...

Hi WindDancer and Welcome to the Illinois thread. We aren't nearly as active as some of the other state threads but we have our moments!
frow.gif

Winddancer. right now i'm working with spitzhaubens(thanks to Ewesheep). also have easter eggers. Have a small flock of muscovy ducks.We also have pygmy goats

Hi, I live in Streamwood too. Any luck with the village allowing you to keep chickens? I would like to have 2 or 3 (hens only, no roosters) but don't want to break any local ordinances. We also live across from the forest preserve so am a little worried about coyotes and raccoons getting the chickens. As long as you pen them up at night, are they safe?

Hi, I live in Streamwood too. Any luck with the village allowing you to keep chickens? I would like to have 2 or 3 (hens only, no roosters) but don't want to break any local ordinances. We also live across from the forest preserve so am a little worried about coyotes and raccoons getting the chickens. As long as you pen them up at night, are they safe?
Definitely a lot of raccoons in the area, and I've seen coyotes in Streamwood and Bartlett. You need a very secure pen and coop. I suggest the 1/2" hardware cloth, and either poultry fence staples or a pneumatic staple gun, not a regular hand held staple gun. Cover the top, the raccoons will climb over and in. Also, predators can dig under, so you need to block that. Lots of ideas in the coop building section here.

I don't know what the ordinances are, I'm unincorporated a bit west of you.

Back
Top Bottom