Illinois...

12 coturnix breeder quail for sale. Have too much on my plate, and no room for animals.

PM for details.

Thanks I'm sure i'll find something on here all of my questions seem to get taken care of this is a great sight for beginers.

Hi, just wanted to introduce myself and ask for some IL advice.

It's my 1st year of chicken ownership, I have 4 Cinnamon Queen hybrids. I got them as chicks last April and I love them. It was really my lifelong dream to have chickens. (May sound strange, but maybe not here) I checked with the city and was happy to find out it was OK. I had always assumed I'd have to wait until I moved to the county "someday". They are so funny to watch, they are relatively quiet, and the eggs are awesome.

However... we are thinking about moving. DH is about and hour and a half from work (though he does telecommute some days, which makes that bearable) and the high school here is not the best. We're looking along Rt 71 or I 88. Yorkville, Sandwich, Sugar Grove. And I'm kind of dismayed to read the rules. You need a full acre in Kane or Kendall counties? And they need to be X feet from the neighbor's house? If I would have to get a full acre, that really narrows down the field. And I don't really want/need that much land. Is that the rule? Does that apply to all communities or are some more lenient?

After have the girls for a year, I feel that it's really crazy to have these restrictive laws. They are no more trouble than a dog. They shouldn't be more restricted than dogs. And I can't go back to factory eggs!

Welcome Soben! Sorry to read you might have a tough road ahead to find a new place to live.

It is strange some of the strict laws on one thing, and the very lax laws on other things.

I hope there are people on here from that area that can clarify that for you.

Good Luck in your search!

However... we are thinking about moving. DH is about and hour and a half from work (though he does telecommute some days, which makes that bearable) and the high school here is not the best. We're looking along Rt 71 or I 88. Yorkville, Sandwich, Sugar Grove. And I'm kind of dismayed to read the rules. You need a full acre in Kane or Kendall counties? And they need to be X feet from the neighbor's house? If I would have to get a full acre, that really narrows down the field. And I don't really want/need that much land. Is that the rule? Does that apply to all communities or are some more lenient?
Look in unincorporated areas. Prices are lower, you could get an acre or two for what you'd pay of the same house on a single lot inside a town. Taxes are lower, and rules are looser.

Look in unincorporated areas. Prices are lower, you could get an acre or two for what you'd pay of the same house on a single lot inside a town. Taxes are lower, and rules are looser.
We are working right now to legalize up to 10 in Joliet, IL. I have been brought on as an advisor since I am in unincorporated Joliet and have a farm but I still believe it should be legal in the cit too. Crest Hill IL, I THINK allows birds, Naperville I am sure does, but the restrictions are many and the prices are higher than most too.

Back
Top Bottom