Illinois...

Hi! I am excited to meet other chicken enthusiasts! I live in western Naperville, will be getting my chicks next month, and I was wondering if there are any backyard chicken groups in DuPage or Kane county? Thanks!
Welcome MrsWeasley!
welcome-byc.gif

. I live in central Illinois. Have fun with your new chicks! Do you have a coop yet?

Well you are all close to me. I'm between Eureka and Goodfield! Nice to know more central Illinois Peeps!
Hi, I'm new here, this is my very first ever post! And we just moved to Eureka.
I was so excited to get some hens and then I read the zoning...... :'(

Not sure if I have the time to try to get it changed. I definitely don't have the contacts - we just moved here and I barely know anybody...

But it's nice to "meet" someone around here who has chickens!

Welcome Mrs Weasley!
I am in West Chicago, about 10 miles north of you on Rte59. We are new from last year, but we have leanred a LOT since last spring... if you need help with anything please write back!

What do they do in the winter, the pool would freeze over? And do they fly away in the fall? Do they lay eggs like chickens all the time?
I must sound dumb, but we just learned "chickens" and we know nothing of ducks...

Does anyone know of any poultry show coming up in Northern / central Illinois? I looked online but could not find anything...

A poultry club, I think Central Illinois Poultry Club, has a show in Peoria each May,
The Sandwich Fair has a poultry show....it's in Sept.....google Sandwich Fair...don't know if this one is APA sanctioned..
The Illini Poultry Show is held in Sept in Belevidere.
Those are the only ones I know of.....may be others will chime in with others.

Hi, I'm new here, this is my very first ever post! And we just moved to Eureka.
I was so excited to get some hens and then I read the zoning...... :'(

Not sure if I have the time to try to get it changed. I definitely don't have the contacts - we just moved here and I barely know anybody...

But it's nice to "meet" someone around here who has chickens!

Welcome! I'm outside of Metamora!

Back
Top Bottom