Illinois...

Welcome Mrs Weasley!
I am in West Chicago, about 10 miles north of you on Rte59. We are new from last year, but we have leanred a LOT since last spring... if you need help with anything please write back!
So you're near Trellis Farm & Garden and Bob's Salt & Feed. (two feed stores). Both only have the basics, feed and feeders, not a real big range of chicken supplies, but still, they're nice stores. I'm maybe 10 miles further north.

Garfiled Farm Museum is having a rare & historic breeds show May 19, including poultry. They're on Rt. 38 between Geneva and Elburn.
http://www.garfieldfarm.org/

What poultry chicks or hatching eggs will you have available this spring?

We will have Heritage Bourbon Red and Standard Bronze day old turkey poults or hatching eggs available from 4/15 - 6/15 NPIP certified. no minimum order

Thanks for the welcome! So glad to see that there are others in the area. We are in the process of building a gypsy style coop. (Okay, mostly my partner builds it...and I help.) I am getting a rhode island red, a silver spangled hamburg, an easter egger, and a buckeye. I'd love to know if there are any hatcheries nearby. Thanks, gargoyle, for the info on the show. We may go (just to look). Are you going?

I've got Toulouse Goose Hatching Eggs for sale. We are in South Central, IL PM me if you need some!!
jumpy.gif

The closest hatcheries to Illinois that I know of is Cackle in Missouri and Schlecht in Iowa. Been to both. I really like Schlecht they are very friendly, but they dont have a big selection. Cackle has a bigger selection but was farther away from where I am. My daughters and I was in St Louis for the weekend so we decided to make a trip to Cackle. There are several in Iowa and Missouri but I personally have only been to those. In Illinois we use to have one near Chicago but they have closed. Franzen Farms I am intrested in some Bourbon Reds. Would you let me know when they are ready?

The closest hatcheries to Illinois that I know of is Cackle in Missouri and Schlecht in Iowa. Been to both. I really like Schlecht they are very friendly, but they dont have a big selection. Cackle has a bigger selection but was farther away from where I am. My daughters and I was in St Louis for the weekend so we decided to make a trip to Cackle. There are several in Iowa and Missouri but I personally have only been to those. In Illinois we use to have one near Chicago but they have closed. Franzen Farms I am intrested in some Bourbon Reds. Would you let me know when they are ready?
We usually have them available every weekend from 4/15 - around 6/15 alot of dates are filling up in May already, Contact me when if would like to reserve a date.
(815) 405-2713

A poultry club, I think Central Illinois Poultry Club, has a show in Peoria each May,
The Sandwich Fair has a poultry show....it's in Sept.....google Sandwich Fair...don't know if this one is APA sanctioned..
The Illini Poultry Show is held in Sept in Belevidere.
Those are the only ones I know of.....may be others will chime in with others.
May 4th in Peoria, that's sounds good, it's a couple of hours away but we will drive. Is anyone familiar with this event? Is it worht going?

So you're near Trellis Farm & Garden and Bob's Salt & Feed. (two feed stores). Both only have the basics, feed and feeders, not a real big range of chicken supplies, but still, they're nice stores. I'm maybe 10 miles further north.

Garfiled Farm Museum is having a rare & historic breeds show May 19, including poultry. They're on Rt. 38 between Geneva and Elburn.
http://www.garfieldfarm.org/
Hi Gargoyle,
We are about 5 miles from Trellis and I am not familair with Bob's, so I will look it up. We get some of our chicken feed and a lot of seeds for the wild birds from them. We try to support the local guys.
Good idea about Garfield, we are planning on going. I wonder if they are selling birds there?

Back
Top Bottom