Illinois...

I just got 8 ducks 2 days ago, and I'm getting 50 Cornish hens and 20 turkey tomorrow! Will be calling Paxton tomorrow for some quail, hope the little boogers are still available, I'd rather buy local! So to answer your question, yes, it is quite addictive ;)

Would anyone be interested in an Organic Meat CSA? I'm in the planning stages and hope to start offering shares soon. Will be offering these top notch quality meats: Pork, turkey, goat, cornish hens, broiler chicken, eggs, and rabbit. Everything minus the rabbits are free-range too.

Thoughts/interests?

I just got 8 ducks 2 days ago, and I'm getting 50 Cornish hens and 20 turkey tomorrow! Will be calling Paxton tomorrow for some quail, hope the little boogers are still available, I'd rather buy local! So to answer your question, yes, it is quite addictive
wink.png

Would anyone be interested in an Organic Meat CSA? I'm in the planning stages and hope to start offering shares soon. Will be offering these top notch quality meats: Pork, turkey, goat, cornish hens, broiler chicken, eggs, and rabbit. Everything minus the rabbits are free-range too.

Thoughts/interests?

Where are you? Any thoughts on cost yet? I'm in Springfield and would consider it, depending on quantities/cost/etc. We're veg heavy (but not full vegetarian) so we wouldn't go through much meat, but when we do, the better quality the better!

Where are you? Any thoughts on cost yet? I'm in Springfield and would consider it, depending on quantities/cost/etc. We're veg heavy (but not full vegetarian) so we wouldn't go through much meat, but when we do, the better quality the better!

The Ranch is between Franklin and Murrayville but I live behind UIS at the moment. I'm in the process of working out quantities and prices for my CSA. Since its a new operation, all the animals are still young so it'll be a few months before I will have meats to process. Im mailing my meat brokers license next week :) !!! I do however have organic free-range whole chickens, chicken eggs, and rabbit for sale! Speaking of which I have a killer rabbit recipe, made it again last night mmmmmmmmmm. Im also taking orders for holiday turkeys and need them placed by the end of May if you or anyone is interested. I just picked up my first dozen turkeys earlier today ;) Will be purchasing the highly saught after Midget Whites next month, which I'm super stoked about.

So all I have For Sale atm:
Chicken $4.50/LB (Chickens are 4-6#s)
Rabbit. $5/Whole rabbit
Eggs. $4/Dozen (Brown, White, Tan mixture)

I'm still working out all the CSA kinks, I'll keep you updated when I get the operation structure organized and completed. Should be crunched by the end of this month!

Jenny, what type of meats would you and your family be interested in?

looking for chicks in northern illinois(lake county) or southern wisconsin. wanting to start raising chickens for eggs/pets. :)

Back
Top Bottom