Illinois...

Technically yes the law says taking them to work and selling them is 'illegal' but I highly doubt any prosecutor would charge you for selling small volumes to fellow co-workers... A roadside stand or farmers market is another story, but again I doubt that prosecutors go around looking to charge small time hobby farms for a few eggs...

In this day and age, nothing would surprise me. Lol.

"must be sold on the premises where the flock is located"

We have egg chickens that aren't laying yet, but we intend to sell some of our eggs once we have them. Does this mean that I can't sell them to people I work with? That they would have to come to my house to get them? Or does this just mean we can't take them to a farmer's market or set up a roadside stand?

Also, just out of curiosity, for those of you that do sell your eggs, how much do you charge?

We get about one dozen+ extra eggs per week. For that small volume, I ask 25 cents per egg & they bring egg carton donations whenever they can. Mostly neighbors, friends, & some of my home school science kids buy the eggs. I make sure to tell people that the eggs are collected a few times daily, not graded & sold as is. (The kids like to fetch their owns eggs right from the coop!) Once they've eaten one, they always ask for more. In our area, one mom pays $6 per dozen for organic eggs, but $3-5 is the avg. here.

Yeah I take them to my few customers anyway. I charge 3 pee dozen and some people complain about that otherwise I would probably charge 4. I quickly learned I wasn't going to get rich selling eggs at any volume.

Hi there . Hope everyone is doing well. I might have a few birds for sale. Just seeing if anyone might be interested.
1. Young smooth silkie/sizzle roo. He is a great looking lil guy. Partridge in color.
2. All black young silkie roo. Good looking bird as well.
3. 4 month old light brahma roo. Just started crowing. Big guy.
And lastly..... Maybe a 4 month old black Cochin bantam roo..... Maybe.... I just have too many guys and cant keep them all.
Located in sherman il. Just outside of springfield. May be willing to work out trades.
Contact at coaldigger@ live.com
Thanks

Hello everyone. I have 3 roosters that are looking for new homes. All are 4 months old. I have a silver laced polish, a golden laced polish, and an Easter Egger bantam. Located in Chicagoland.

I live in West Central Illinois. About an hour from Hannibal, MO and Keokuk, IA. Are there any poultry swaps near me? I also go to Springfield, IL a lot so are there any there? I have 2 9-12 week old Silver Laced Polish pullets I need to get rid of.

Last edited:
I live in West Central Illinois. About an hour from Hannibal, MO and Keokuk, IA. Are there any poultry swaps near me? I also go to Springfield, IL a lot so are there any there? I have 2 9-12 week old Silver Laced Polish pullets I need to get rid of.
;Here is a listing for Illinois swaps. If you click on the "Swap Meet Dates" tab on the menu to the left, you can chose a different state and see what they have.

http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Illinois_Swap_Meets.html

Back
Top Bottom