Illinois...

Hello fellow Illinoisan's I am new to the forum and to chickens. I currently reside on the edge of a small country town about 20-30 min. south of the Quad Cities, only about 45 min. from Galesburg.

I currently have 1 buff orpington, 1 RI, 1 Black Australorp, and 1 Barred rock rooster and then 6 baby silkies, I sooo wanted white and buff but I've got 3 blacks and 3 that I believe are going to be partridge
sad.png
I will love them all the same but I am hoping 1 day I can get my white and maybe a splash that I would soooo love to have.

Welcome.

Does anyone else find that their cameras are filled with chicken pics and it takes a couple pages to locate a good one of the children (without a chicken)? I'm so embarrassed.

Hi Everyone! Most everyone calls me Aunt D or Aunt Gem or just D. We live up around the Washburn/Low Point Il., area . We are new chicken keepers and Grand-parents. Our first four chicks turned out to be three boys and a girl so we recently acquired two more girls . and now have to re-home three boys . This is one of the three boys .

He and his original three flock mates were hatched from a first grade class science project this past spring. Our two new girls are said to be second generation green egg layers . we obtained them locally . all our chickens are about 12 weeks old now . I cant wait to share the experience of chickens and egg gathering with our new Grand-daughter when she is old enough. It all so exciting :)

I know this is my intro post but does any one know the best way and place to re-home chickens locally?

Last edited:
Hello fellow Illinoisan's I am new to the forum and to chickens. I currently reside on the edge of a small country town about 20-30 min. south of the Quad Cities, only about 45 min. from Galesburg.

I currently have 1 buff orpington, 1 RI, 1 Black Australorp, and 1 Barred rock rooster and then 6 baby silkies, I sooo wanted white and buff but I've got 3 blacks and 3 that I believe are going to be partridge
sad.png
I will love them all the same but I am hoping 1 day I can get my white and maybe a splash that I would soooo love to have.

welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread!
Welcome.

Does anyone else find that their cameras are filled with chicken pics and it takes a couple pages to locate a good one of the children (without a chicken)? I'm so embarrassed.

I came in and saw my DH scrolling through our Picasa pictures and said "What ya doin'?" He said, "Looking for something that is not a chicken to put on the desktop."
hu.gif
I don't know what is wrong with a chicken picture on the desktop.......
wink.png

Uhmm.....pics of (grand)children without chickens?! That's heresy I tell you!!

sad.png
Welcome - fairly new to chickens, though I've been a farm kid all my life :) We must be near you, we're in Galva, IL. I have wyandottes, lots and lots of them, too many roosters, but they are so pretty I'm having a hard time either letting them go or sending them to freezer camp!

I came in and saw my DH scrolling through our Picasa pictures and said "What ya doin'?" He said, "Looking for something that is not a chicken to put on the desktop."
hu.gif
I don't know what is wrong with a chicken picture on the desktop.......
wink.png

Uhmm.....pics of (grand)children without chickens?! That's heresy I tell you!!
I really love the one of the little boy chasing the rooster.

Yes, Our chickens even made it into the family Christmas & Easter cards. Glad to know I'm not alone.

sad.png
I LIve by alpha ...i have Marans, Red Dorkings, lavender Ogrowing up and various bantams i can help feed your addiction LOL

Back
Top Bottom