Illinois...

I LIve by alpha ...i have Marans, Red Dorkings, lavender Ogrowing up and various bantams i can help feed your addiction LOL

Oh no I'm in trouble now, Alpha isn't very far at all, definitely not too far to get a chicken LOL. The silkie chicks I have are my first bantams I will have to look up the
ones you named, (or maybe I shouldn't lol).
We live on the edge of Matherville, half our property (the woods part, funny I know) is in city limits, and then the other half where our house and everything is, is county LOL. My chickens
have never ventured into the woods city limits area even though a neighbor lady IN city limits has chickens just isn't allowed to have a rooster. I have a rooster though, will just keep him on county side LOL. So I can't go TOO crazy with chickens, even though hubby has already said he is going to have to build me a big walk in chicken coop.

I really love the one of the little boy chasing the rooster.

Yes, Our chickens even made it into the family Christmas & Easter cards. Glad to know I'm not alone.

I LOVE the expression of the chicken in the 2nd picture, priceless!!!! The girl is a cutie also of course. is it wrong that I noticed the chicken first?

I have a a couple of types of Cochin bantams, buff Brahma bantams, EE bantams the other are my LF..Maran are the ones that lay the super dark brown eggs..and even closer as I am actually in Ophiem LOL. but unincorporated town so could have 300 chickens if I wanted..I ply my neighbors with eggs keeps them happy

I LOVE the expression of the chicken in the 2nd picture, priceless!!!! The girl is a cutie also of course. is it wrong that I noticed the chicken first?

Here's the same hen(Precious) all grown up. She's a real camera hog.
Note to self: Never try to take photos of the flock while Precious is sitting on your lap.

Oh my goodness, I just LOVE precious, you can see in her expressions that she is just full of Character lol.
I could look at pictures of her all day.

I live in West Central Illinois. About an hour from Hannibal, MO and Keokuk, IA. Are there any poultry swaps near me? I also go to Springfield, IL a lot so are there any there? I have 2 9-12 week old Silver Laced Polish pullets I need to get rid of.
I used to live in your area- maybe little north of you.

I think Burlington has a swap- or used to.

Hello to all the new peeps from central Illnois.
frow.gif
Hello!

Hi all!
frow.gif
In Bethany, Il. Near Decatur. Anyone know of any Sebrights near us? Golden laced preferred, but I would just be glad to find some locally. My daughter wants to show them next summer. I figure it is a little late in the season but no harm in asking. We have areas to keep them snug and warm through the cold.

Glad to know I'm not the only "late seasoner" My daughter and I would REALLY love a white and buff cochin chicken, we seen a couple the other days and fell in love with their appearance. I am located by the Quad Cities on the Illinois side or about 45 min. from Galesburg.

Back
Top Bottom