Illinois...

Hello all,

We have talked about backyard chickens for a few years but have decided to jump in starting this spring. We live in Decatur and are trying to learn everything we can. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge here and possibly networking w/ others in our area

Hello all,

We have talked about backyard chickens for a few years but have decided to jump in starting this spring. We live in Decatur and are trying to learn everything we can. Looking forward to the wealth of knowledge here and possibly networking w/ others in our area
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread. Backyard chickens provide healthy eggs for you and the entertainment they provide is an added bonus. Welcome to the wonderful of chickens!

Hello all,

Welcome, I am fairly new and I love this site for all the info, help and everyone is so nice! Welcome to the Illinois thread!

Yesterday we had about 4 inches on the ground in places and the chickens were out on the paths I had shoveled and would venture where the snow was about 2 inches deep, but no further. We've got around 10 inches of new snow so I didn't even open anything. I turned the light on and fed them their fermented grains. The wind is starting to howl so today is a bust for shoveling. Tomorrow is another day...

Here is a pic from this morning of the chicken tractor and my chicken viewing bench covered In the snow.

Lots & lots of heavy snow in the Chicagoland area! We only see the occasional plow drive past. There's about 10-12" on the ground, but it's still coming down. Should continue to snow & blow 'til Monday morning. I didn't bother to dig the chickens out. All I could do was make a small path to get myself to the coop.

The good news is it is February
yippiechickie.gif
so only 7 more weeks of winter!!
Don't forget to sign-up for the Easter Hatchalong, link in my signature.
Set day for chicken eggs is March 14!

Back
Top Bottom