Illinois...

I feel your pain. I am loosing 1/4 (at least) of my chicks in the hatcher. They never pip.

Sorry to hear that, it is so disappointing. Well here are the 2 that did hatch, and the second one I had to help out. I am leaving the last egg in until day 25, just to make sure

Last edited:
Funny story: DD & her friend decided to open a cupcake & juice stand on this beautiful day. The girls baked cupcakes & had the great idea of selling them on the corner to other kids after school. No lemonade at her friend’s house, so they made OJ instead. DD wanted to contribute, so she ran home & raided our fridge. She grabbed some eggs & sold them on the street – literally!!! In fact, our eggs were the 1st item to sell out. Now my daughter is a pusher & our neighbors are getting addicted to fresh eggs!

Funny story:  DD & her friend decided to open a cupcake & juice stand on this beautiful day.  The girls baked cupcakes & had the great idea of selling them on the corner to other kids after school.  No lemonade at her friend’s house, so they made OJ instead.  DD wanted to contribute, so she ran home & raided our fridge.  She grabbed some eggs & sold them on the street – literally!!!  In fact, our eggs were the 1[SUP]st[/SUP] item to sell out.  Now my daughter is a pusher & our neighbors are getting addicted to fresh eggs!

If she keeps pushing, you will have to get more chickens to keep up with your neighbors addiction! Kind of a win/win in my book.

Funny story: DD & her friend decided to open a cupcake & juice stand on this beautiful day. The girls baked cupcakes & had the great idea of selling them on the corner to other kids after school. No lemonade at her friend’s house, so they made OJ instead. DD wanted to contribute, so she ran home & raided our fridge. She grabbed some eggs & sold them on the street – literally!!! In fact, our eggs were the 1st item to sell out. Now my daughter is a pusher & our neighbors are getting addicted to fresh eggs!
What great business sense she has!
thumbsup.gif
Give the consumer what they want! Looks like you may have to keep some of those hatchlings from her 4-H projects!

In 2013-14, we hatched 78 chicks. (via schools, camps, & @ home). We really only want to keep 10 as pets, so most were sold. The good news is that her chick sales paid for the fancy purebred eggs. (So basically, the chickens we kept were free.) I sell any extra eggs at the end of the week & that about pays for their feed. I guess it's our way of supporting our chicken addiction.

Thankfully our neighbors are very supportive.......and who can say no to a little girls' lemonade stand! (or in this case a cupcake, OJ & egg stand)

Thankfully our neighbors are very supportive.......and who can say no to a little girls' lemonade stand! (or in this case a cupcake, OJ & egg stand)

Makes me wish I had a sister that was younger. Something unsettling about a 25 yr old guy selling cupcakes, eggs, and lemonade. Hahahah

Back
Top Bottom