Illinois...

Wow that is a jumbo egg Faraday. And my brown eggs must be positioned correctly because they r maybe a large. I don't weigh them. I will try the white back round for the next egg cause it looks green in the picture. Love sharing with all of you. Thanks

V
Wow what kind of hen did that come from?

A MUTT

This is my son's chicken, Firefighter. The hatching eggs came from a mixed flock. We thought it was a male & not going to be here long, so I really didn't care what he named it. Turned out to be an excellent layer- 319 eggs last year (& she didn't start laying until mid feb 2014!) She's not a cuddly bird, but the egg production has made her the fav hen of DH & DS. She even laid eggs through Dec when most hens stopped. She just started her 1st molt 2 weeks ago, and she certainly deserves the break.

Chicken look like a mix of orphington and leghorn. Am I close???
I have no idea. The egg production & skittishness say Leghorn. She's rather large, so maybe some orp. The legs, beak, skin are all pale / white, so maybe White Rock. She has a slight gold hue to head, but rest is pure white.

Has anyone gotten a small egg like this? The egg below it is from a Cochin Bantam. She is the only bantam we have. Looks the size of a quail egg.

Often called a peanut egg . When you open one they have a piece of tissue or a yolk fragment inside with some egg white . You will get normal eggs from her also . These happen now and then .

Hello everyone! I'm in Midwest illinois and have my first batch of babies! Super excited to start this new adventure. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom