Illinois...

Do you have a local sale  barn ? Silkies and OEGB have been coming through the Kewanee sale barn lately . Have not been to Congerville this year . 
we do I just haven't been to them, hear bad things about getting a bunch of random chickens in one area. Dot wanna risk anything since I've had problems before!! Haha but I will go soon to find people around me who have some chickens

Here's what frost-bite did to my roo's comb. It healed all by itself, but the sharp tips are gone.

Here's what it looked like a few months ago. It started healing, then we got hit with a second polar vortex in Feb.
Those brutal Chicago winters are rough on the combs & wattles.

Here's what frost-bite did to my roo's comb. It healed all by itself, but the sharp tips are gone.

Here's what it looked like a few months ago. It started healing, then we got hit with a second polar vortex in Feb.
Those brutal Chicago winters are rough on the combs & wattles.

Ohhh, that looks like it would hurt! He was a handsome fellow though for sure, with or without tips!

Just wanted to post a pic of the Jumbo eggs I am getting from my Leghorn I picked up from the Ag school. She has given me an egg everyday since I have gotten her, even with the stress of being introduced to a new home. Now I need to borrow a CCL Roo for a couple of days, so I can get some Sapphire hybrid chicks! @Junibutt are you interested in some sapphires?

I picked up 4 bantam frizzled cochin's from @ellymayRans Saturday. They are so teeny tiny, I love them!

Back
Top Bottom