Illinois...

What a crazy 24 hours!!  Yesterday we get that long-awaited call - CHICKS!!!!  Two EE's, one Buff Orpington, one Black Australorp.  Kids are going crazy. :)  

This morning, about 10ish, we lost one of the EE's.  :(   (I'd really hoped to have a bunch of tinted eggs, and to be able to tell them all apart easily... figures...)  Back to the shop, but there weren't any EE's left, so I came home with a second Black Australorp.  And a run to the hardware store for some supplies to increase brooder security.  *sigh*

The kids are doing mostly okay... I feel awful, still, though.  *sigh*

Where are you located? I have an EE that needs a home. Check out the post above. Perfect ages!!!

Hey all. My name is Ben and I am from Hanna City Illinois. Just starting out wit a mixed flock of chicks.
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread! @kathleens1979 is also from Hanna City, do you know her? Congrats on joining the wonderful world of chickens.......we are here to help you with your new addiction hobby.
wink.png

Last edited:
In the back there is a very yellow chick in front of another. The front looks to be much larger than the other. If they are all the same age, the one behind may be a bantam or the one in front may be a Cornish cross. Some of the white will either be white leghorns (good egg layers) or possibly Cornish cross (a meat bird). The difference will be evident within two weeks. The leghorns will be leggy and smaller boned, the Cornish x will be large and always hungry.
big_smile.png

The others will be harder to tell without knowing the "possibles".

Speaking of 4H, is anyone in Northern IL (Chicagoland area) looking for a Bielefelder trio &/or some English Orpingtons (Lav & Blk/Lav split)? They are 6.5 weeks (April 12th hatch). The person buying the Bieles never showed up, & we want our garage back. DD's project went well, so its now time to sell the chicks.

She also has young chicks available (still in brooder & straight run)
Most are Easter Eggers or Orpington mixes, a couple purebred Orpingtons,
All are healthy, calm, & well loved.
hatched May 1
4 chicks
hatched May 7
4 chicks
hatched May 12
3 chicks

PM me if you have interest in any of the chicks.

Back
Top Bottom