Illinois...

Quote: Looks like @jerryse is offline so I will answer you. Green is not a proper term for the color of chicken legs. The proper term is willow, as Jerry said slate plus yellow equals willow. The description of willow according to the American Poultry Association's Standard of Perfection glossary is "The dusky yellowish green color found on shanks, feet and toes of some breeds and varieties of fowl."
Reading this, I think I sound snobbish but I don't mean to, I just want you to know why the question was answered the way it was.

I am going to try again. My chicks are going on 5 weeks old now. I still have no idea what kind they are for sure.

I am going to try again. My chicks are going on 5 weeks old now. I still have no idea what kind they are for sure.

Where did you get them from? They are beautiful. The pretty yellow looks to have feathered feet ( my eyes are bad though haha), so probably a Cochin, which are known to go broody, which is a good and bad thing. I also think the all black one has a Pea Comb? if so he is either a easter egger or ameraucana and you will get green or blue eggs perhaps. Are the chicks in the last pic White or Lavender? Maybe someone else can jump in on some others.

Last edited:

If you upload some individual pics, we can help identify. They white guy with black spots in the the bottom pic looks like a CA White and the buff colored chick in the middle looks like a Buff Orpington to me. Does she have feathered legs? If so, it's not a BO but maybe a Buff Brahma? Anyone else want to guess?

If you upload some individual pics, we can help identify. They white guy with black spots in the the bottom pic looks like a CA White and the buff colored chick in the middle looks like a Buff Orpington to me. Does she have feathered legs? If so, it's not a BO but maybe a Buff Brahma? Anyone else want to guess?
Looks like feathered feet if you click on pic. Buff Brahma good one, I thought maybe Cochin also.

Back
Top Bottom