Illinois...

We got white frizzle Cochins (we ordered red but they didn't have any so substituted the white for them), black frizzle Cochins , and white crested black polish bantam, and of course our 1 free mystery chick
1f425.png
1f425.png

Here's our cuteness - growing up nicely

This is our HUGE Bielefelder. (camera angle makes him look even larger.)

This is our handsome Orp. Love the way his feathers glimmer in sunlight!

I just ordered 25 Dark Cornish all male chicks from McMurray! They arrive on Wednesday, September 9th. I'm planning on raising and harvesting them starting at 6 weeks old and filling my freezer for the winter. I can only butcher 6 birds at a time, or else I wear out. I'll take pictures and keep you all updated. FINALLY, buying a coop that needs assembly on Friday. I'll take pictures of that, too.

I just ordered 25 Dark Cornish all male chicks from McMurray! They arrive on Wednesday, September 9th. I'm planning on raising and harvesting them starting at 6 weeks old and filling my freezer for the winter. I can only butcher 6 birds at a time, or else I wear out. I'll take pictures and keep you all updated. FINALLY, buying a coop that needs assembly on Friday. I'll take pictures of that, too.
Spare us from the pix of those that you will be taking to class 6 at a time..
gig.gif
But post all other ones.. And Stock up on feed.
smile.png

The chicks will go from the brooders--I now have TWO 100 gallon water tanks bc my horse "Buster Brown" cracked the bottom by his BAAAADDDDD habit of standing in it!!!--to the 10 x 10 enclosure with the 0ld turkey house built on a pallet. It has a 12 inch high roost, and a rubber mat and a ramp. I have a 75 watt light for warmth in it. I wish I had gotten going on the coop earlier, but I think they'll be okay. I'll just have to "train" them, by picking them up and putting them into this coop at night, but I've done it before.

The 7 layers will be in their 10 x 20 enclosure by then with the new Correct coop. They lived in this old, makeshift coop all last winter and did fine. FINALLY, I'll have the setup that I want!

The baby chick coop will just be empty during the winter, unLESS somebody wants me to rehome their birds for more chicken dinners! It will be a LOT easier than dog crates!

I promise to not take butchering pictures to share.

Here's our cuteness - growing up nicely

This is our HUGE Bielefelder. (camera angle makes him look even larger.)

This is our handsome Orp. Love the way his feathers glimmer in sunlight!

Your Bielefelder is HUGE! What are you feeding him, LOL. And the Orp is gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom