Illinois...

had to share a photo of my 20 week old beauty queen. I am so excited that her feathering turned out exactly the shade I'd hoped for! Clover is my Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.

Gorgeous! I really love to look of laced birds.
You'll have to let me know about her personality & flock dynamics.

Gorgeous!  I really love to look of laced birds.
You'll have to let me know about her personality & flock dynamics.

She grew fast and is gigantic compared to the other girls. She is very calm and docile. She is in the upper half of the pecking order, but I've never really seen her assert herself. She just is. She took forEver to feather in. I will definitely have a BLR in my flock all the time, so beautiful.

@Junibutt Sorry I didn't make it out to the coop tour. Our basement flooded on Friday nite and ended up wrenching my back. Hope it went well.

Very pretty girls and love the tails. What kind are they?
They are Old English Game hens, Bantams.. Now I have 4 ...... These 2 have more silver, and my older , other 2 have more gold or brown??? They ALL GET ALONG FINE
highfive.gif

Sorry to hear about your basement. Everything ok now?

The tour went surprisingly smooth this time. We had about 20 families stop by!

Everything is fine now. The drain outside the basement door backed up, so all the water flowed into the basement. All fixed now.

So glad you had a nice day for it and that it went smoothly for you. I will just have to wait til next year again.

They are Old English Game hens, Bantams.. Now I have 4 ...... These 2 have more silver, and my older , other 2 have more gold or brown??? They ALL GET ALONG FINE
highfive.gif
They are pretty girls. I have gotten the bantam bug after hatching my 2 SL bantam cochins. I have a couple of Mille de Fluer and BBS cochin eggs in the incubator. I am out of control.
he.gif

They are pretty girls. I have gotten the bantam bug after hatching my 2 SL bantam cochins. I have a couple of Mille de Fluer and BBS cochin eggs in the incubator. I am out of control.
he.gif
I keep saying that I only like the large breeds, but we also have 2 bantams.
Cookie (the broody bantam orp) has so much personality, we fell in love. She's our original "Bantam Menace" & also has the nickname "Cookie Monster" when broody.

Then DD hatched a silver sebright not expecting to keep it. "Trouble" also has such a unique personality. Jury is still out on Trouble, but I enjoy her parrot-like antics & how she flies up to greet me.

Glad your basement is drying out.

I keep saying that I only like the large breeds, but we also have 2 bantams.
Cookie (the broody bantam orp) has so much personality, we fell in love. She's our original "Bantam Menace" & also has the nickname "Cookie Monster" when broody.

Then DD hatched a silver sebright not expecting to keep it. "Trouble" also has such a unique personality. Jury is still out on Trouble, but I enjoy her parrot-like antics & how she flies up to greet me.

Glad your basement is drying out.
So your daughter kept the sebright, they are soooo pretty. Must post a pic!

I never thought I would like the bantams but I have just fell in love with my SL bantam cochins. Then I saw the Millie's, and thought I need to add some color to my flock. Then saw the BBS bantam cochins and thought, love me some more blues. I really need to stop. So much for my 15 max! Figure maybe 1 of each and 1 from my Splash Orps I guess I will have to wait and see how many will make it to hatch. The Millie air cells were blown, but the BBs looked pretty good. Down to 3 on the splash orps. Of course another staggered hatch. Will be moving the ones due to hatch, into the Brinsea mini for hatching. See, if that young man took my large incubator for his 4H project, I wouldn't be in this trouble. Its all his fault!
idunno.gif

Also, have to add, when I went out to lock up for the nite, Marie my CCL was nowhere in sight, went and checked the nesting boxes and there she is, broody #3. I guess I will be slipping some chicks under these broody girls I have so they will start laying again. Its cooling off, what the heck are they doing going broody now.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom