Illinois...

Hey all, my husband and I live up on the border of Wisconsin and Iowa, and we are looking to add some Easter eagers to our flock. Does anyone know of anyone around us that is looking to sell some or sell fertile eggs? Thanks!

I'm in Indiana I could get some in march or check my breeder while I'm there tomorrow to see if he has some now please pm me ASAP if you are interested I should have some in spring otherwise

Worked on a small project today. I have been wanting to try using house gutters as a trough feeder in the chickens run. Finally was able to get it done today. I ended up buying the plastic for is clean up and no rusting. I cut the 8ft gutter in half, Set one higher on the left side of run and one lower or right side. End caps come off, so I can empty at the end of the nite. Can't wait to have them try it tomorrow.
Is that a dog kenel? How's it working?

Is that a dog kenel? How's it working?

Yes it is, I got it from Menards and its working well. Very easy to put together and since I attached it directly to the coop, I had the extra panels from the 4th side to make it even longer. Since it comes in 2 ft panels, you can make it fit any size. The only thing is a roof, it isn't convertible. I ran out of time to complete our own creative roof for the run, so I just have a 2 x 4 acting as a circus tent pole for the plastic roof cover and thank goodness its holding up.

Yes it is, I got it from Menards and its working well. Very easy to put together and since I attached it directly to the coop, I had the extra panels from the 4th side to make it even longer. Since it comes in 2 ft panels, you can make it fit any size. The only thing is a roof, it isn't convertible. I ran out of time to complete our own creative roof for the run, so I just have a 2 x 4 acting as a circus tent pole for the plastic roof cover and thank goodness its holding up.
You must have really tied it down well!......Staying in place in the "windy city." LOL Glad it's working for you. I love seeing everyone else's chicken ideas/inventions.

Ok update on the trough feeders! It needs some tweaking. The lower one needs to be moved up. Too much feed was pushed out. I will have to continue putting out a feeder for the bantams.

@ChicagoClucker

How is Zoe???

Edit:

Spelling going haywire on me
smile.png

Last edited:
@ChicagoClucker

How is Zoe???

Edit:

Spelling going haywire on me
smile.png
Zoey is back to normal, and out with the rest. She did have an impaction, but she finally passed it. I have now added the granite grit, so hopefully there won't be future problems. The rest of my family is thrilled Zoey made a full recovery and is back outside, Zoey on the other hand, preferred the special treatment and the warm house. Thank you for asking cavemanrich.

Also, my trough feeder is working wonderfully. I didn't fill it as much, and very little waste today. Just went out about 2pm and added a bit more. I am thrilled! There was always tension at the feeders. Now its so nice and quiet once the troughs are filled and you just see a line of chickens happily eating without chasing someone out. Happy chicken mama!

Also, thinking about applying to be Npip, has anyone here been tested. I am sure they wouldn't come out til early spring, but do they come out quickly or are they very busy at that time and will be added to a long list? Any info would be appreciated. And I also checked the website and they don't test for AI, is there a separate test for that?

Thanks @MeeMa Brown for appreciating my little poem. I am definitely, not a poet. I better stick to my day job! LOL

Back
Top Bottom