Illinois...

This morning Cuddle's crop is still full, but she stopped making the neck stretches & head shakes. Glad I brought her inside b/c now I at least have a known symptom to treat.

I posted on the Illinois traders thread, but thought I would mention it here as well. We will be at the Kankakee bird and animal swap on Sunday April 3rd. We will be selling chicks & more. If anyone is interested here is a list of chicks we will have there.

Standard breed: BBS ameraucanas, Blue laced red wyandottes, French Marans, Some easter eggers, turkens, and maran crosses.

Bantam breeds: Barred rocks

Turkey poults: Black winged bronze

If anyone is interested in chicks or has any questions let me know.
Thanks,
Christie
smile.png

Last edited:
Ok, I am soooo excited! I need more chickens like a hole in my head, but I couldn't help it. Just won an auction on here for 10 Blue Laced Wyandotte Bantams eggs. The auction was for a total of 18 eggs, 10 limit on the BLW bantam, 2 limit on BLW LF, 4 Isabel leghorns and I got 2 Blue bantam cochin with a chance at frizzle. My bantam addiction has now grown.

Ok, I am soooo excited! I need more chickens like a hole in my head, but I couldn't help it. Just won an auction on here for 10 Blue Laced Wyandotte Bantams eggs. The auction was for a total of 18 eggs, 10 limit on the BLW bantam, 2 limit on BLW LF, 4 Isabel leghorns and I got 2 Blue bantam cochin with a chance at frizzle. My bantam addiction has now grown.
Lets chat tomorrow to enable each other some more:)

For those of you who have never heard this "Deer Crossing Phone Call". Here it is for chuckles. You have to go through the whole phone call:

Cuddles update:
It was obvious after the 1st night that Cuddles had something that prevented her crop from emptying. Yesterday we tried to feed her HB bread with oil, egg with oil, yogurt & HB, & late last night tube fed 1 tb water w/ stool softener . She's so quiet & only pecks at food - not the usual gobble ASAP that we're used to. She's probably the only hen that dislikes moist/soft food - like applesauce & yogurt - but will still try to eat floor crud. Her crop was slowly emptying throughout the day & felt like chicken scratch or sand. Not one hard mass. I GENTLY massaged her crop but not sure how hard to do it. When getting ready to tube feed, she put her head down & liquid came out. After the tube feeding , she did some head shaking. (Stopped by morning.)

Her crop is much smaller & softer today. My biggest concern is that her abdomen is very big & hard. I wormed her (Valbazen) a few days ago, so perhaps there's a worm blockage. She's pooping some. The 3 parts are watery, dark greenish slimey, white slimey. Very smelly! I cleaned up her vent area with a warm bath. The vent looks small, dry, & tight like a non-layer. (Her last egg was Sept 1, 2015, followed by sickness, then molt.) Could it be egg bound? I'm afraid to check since the vent looks small.

Any suggestions to soften up the __?__ blockage? Her back end from just behind the legs to the vent is swollen & firm. She walks very slowly.

I posted on the Illinois traders thread, but thought I would mention it here as well. We will be at the Kankakee bird and animal swap on Sunday April 3rd. We will be selling chicks & more. If anyone is interested here is a list of chicks we will have there.

Standard breed: BBS ameraucanas, Blue laced red wyandottes, French Marans, Some easter eggers, turkens, and maran crosses.

Bantam breeds: Barred rocks

Turkey poults: Black winged bronze

If anyone is interested in chicks or has any questions let me know.
Thanks,
Christie
smile.png

Christie, where is the swap being held and times? I have someone that lives out that way that wants to attend.

Back
Top Bottom