Illinois...

Enjoyed having a relaxing day today. Sat outside and watched my growouts for a bit, checked on broody mama's and no new chicks to speak of yet. The little chick that some one kicked out of the nest didn't make it,
sad.png
unfortunately. So count is still at 3.Thinking about finding a new home for my SL bantam cochin Mick, would like to use one of his offspring that was split with the mottled girls. Trying to increase cushion size and foot feathering on the SL. So if anyone is interested, let me know. I am really liking my larger of the 2 SL Orpington cockerels, he has a good type and crisp lacing. And my 1 black spangled orpington is a keeper for breeding, the harlequin and blue spangled will make good egg layers sadly. I only kept 2 growouts from my own stock, a pretty Blue and a SL orpington. Like how they are coming along also.

Update: Chick #4 came out at lockup tonight. Bella my blue marans is a proud mama tonight. She didn't have to sit as long as the others, I am sure the silver lace orp is wondering, when is my baby arriving. Hope she hatches one.

Mick if anyone is interested

My blue and SL orps

My crazy Isabel leghorn in the backround, scared of her own shadow

Love how these 2 are coming along.

Last edited:
Enjoyed having a relaxing day today. Sat outside and watched my growouts for a bit, checked on broody mama's and no new chicks to speak of yet. The little chick that some one kicked out of the nest didn't make it,
sad.png
unfortunately. So count is still at 3.Thinking about finding a new home for my SL bantam cochin Mick, would like to use one of his offspring that was split with the mottled girls. Trying to increase cushion size and foot feathering on the SL. So if anyone is interested, let me know. I am really liking my larger of the 2 SL Orpington cockerels, he has a good type and crisp lacing. And my 1 black spangled orpington is a keeper for breeding, the harlequin and blue spangled will make good egg layers sadly. I only kept 2 growouts from my own stock, a pretty Blue and a SL orpington. Like how they are coming along also.

Update: Chick #4 came out at lockup tonight. Bella my blue marans is a proud mama tonight. She didn't have to sit as long as the others, I am sure the silver lace orp is wondering, when is my baby arriving. Hope she hatches one.

Mick if anyone is interested

My blue and SL orps

My crazy Isabel leghorn in the backround, scared of her own shadow

Love how these 2 are coming along.

Mick is superawesome!

Did you keep any black mottled pullets?

Mick is superawesome!

Did you keep any black mottled pullets?
I have the one beauty in this pic she has a beautiful green sheen. She is the only one out of the 3 that would be used for breeding. The harlequin and blue mottle have some traits I don't like. So they will just be egg layers. I was suppose to give a pair to Dena but I lost the rooster and I haven't talked to her in a while. Things have been a bit crazy over here.

Last edited:
I have the one beauty in this pic she has a beautiful green sheen. She is the only one out of the 3 that would be used for breeding. The harlequin and blue mottle have some traits I don't like. So they will just be egg layers. I was suppose to give a pair to Dena but I lost the rooster and I haven't talked to her in a while. Things have been a bit crazy over her
Nice!

@cavemanrich
I figured I would share some better pics of my black OEGB trio.
Here is Charmaine. She is the sweetest! She always comes up to me and is prefectly content to sit in my hand or my shoulder.

And here is Sir Nicholas with Myrtle making a cameo.

I love this breed!!

Last edited:
@cavemanrich
I figured I would share some better pics of my black OEGB trio.
Here is Charmaine. She is the sweetest! She always comes up to me and is prefecy content to sit in my hand or my shoulder.

And here is Sir Nicholas with Myrtle making a cameo.

I love this breed!!

They're beautiful! I have some OEGB as well a black pair that are supposed to be from show lines. They look good to my eyes but I don't show. They do make me drool though would love to know how they stack up to your trio or birds you've had in the past. I also have a self blue hen though her comb is wrong. She had perfect feet but broke a toe as a chick.

This is my Minnie and Mickey.

This is Crocket

They're beautiful! I have some OEGB as well a black pair that are supposed to be from show lines. They look good to my eyes but I don't show. They do make me drool though would love to know how they stack up to your trio or birds you've had in the past. I also have a self blue hen though her comb is wrong. She had perfect feet but broke a toe as a chick.

This is Crocket

They are beautiful! This is my first time with OEGBs and I received them in a batch of mixed chicks from another BYCer. As of now they are just for fun but next year one of my kids might try to show them at the fair for 4H.

This is Crocket
Wow! Crocket is stunning!

Back
Top Bottom