Illinois...

@chickendreams24
   :hugs SORRY TO HEAR OF ANOTHER LOSS.   Have you thought about an electric fence?

We looked into the electric netting last summer but it was very expensive. Plus we have a Great Dane that isn't exactly the most intelligent creature lol

Plus the amount we would need to fence in would be a lot for the entire flock. Has anyone else used just single wires if so how was your experience?

I started another thread and some people are thinking I have a lavender gene in both parents somehow. I don't believe there is any chocolate in our birds. But you never know on Valentines Day. LOL.

I started another thread and some people are thinking I have a lavender gene in both parents somehow. I don't believe there is any chocolate in our birds. But you never know on Valentines Day. LOL.
It might also be the case of blue/gold dress. Different people seeing the colors differently:)

Yea, them dresses always messed me up!
1f633.png
I guess not too bad though, been married 25 years this April. Oh you were talking color,
1f602.png

We looked into the electric netting last summer but it was very expensive. Plus we have a Great Dane that isn't exactly the most intelligent creature lol

Plus the amount we would need to fence in would be a lot for the entire flock. Has anyone else used just single wires if so how was your experience?
I was thinking of making a select area where you could let your flock into when you are not out with them. Use whatever fencing you could get and run an isolated wire near the bottom and another one near the top. The fencing/netting/ welded wire would be the grounding part. One sniff by your Fido would teach him/her ? to avoid it. No damage done. Your friendly neighborhood fox would get the IDEA big time. Coyotes and brother wolf likewise. Yes, it looks like it can be expensive, but only if you buy retail. Online an energizer is about $33.00 They are over $100 at farm supply stores. I checked into them so I kind of know. This unit would be good enough to do the job of your small sized enclosure. You still need the fencing, but maybe you can find a deal on some. The wire and insulators are not catastrophically expensive. Also consider that when you have your dog out, and you are there, simply unplug the unit. Dog in house and you as well,.............. PLUG IN UNIT.
idunno.gif

I am getting this unit to keep squirrels from getting into my pigeon loft. It will also keep Rocky out as well at night, but the squirrels during the day. Both have done nasties to my pigeons in the past.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271248755093?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

LOOSING 29 THIS YEAR MEANS TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORNZZZZZZ.
barnie.gif

Here is the pictures I promised.

Is this the first hatch you have done with your splash hens and roo? You have had them awhile correct? And were the black hens from a pure black line or a BBS line? Just trying to figure this out, kind of eating at me, lol.

Last edited:
I was thinking of making a select area where you could let your flock into when you are not out with them. Use whatever fencing you could get and run an isolated wire near the bottom and another one near the top. The fencing/netting/ welded wire would be the grounding part. One sniff by your Fido would teach him/her ? to avoid it. No damage done. Your friendly neighborhood fox would get the IDEA big time. Coyotes and brother wolf likewise. Yes, it looks like it can be expensive, but only if you buy retail. Online an energizer is about $33.00 They are over $100 at farm supply stores. I checked into them so I kind of know. This unit would be good enough to do the job of your small sized enclosure. You still need the fencing, but maybe you can find a deal on some. The wire and insulators are not catastrophically expensive. Also consider that when you have your dog out, and you are there, simply unplug the unit. Dog in house and you as well,.............. PLUG IN UNIT.:idunno I am getting this unit to keep squirrels from getting into my pigeon loft. It will also keep Rocky out as well at night, but the squirrels during the day. Both have done nasties to my pigeons in the past. http://www.ebay.com/itm/271248755093?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT LOOSING 29 THIS YEAR MEANS TAKING THE BULL BY THE HORNZZZZZZ. :barnie
Oh I know don't you worry we are taking the bull by the horns as much as possible. Also thanks for the information on the electric fence we'll have to look into it more.

Back
Top Bottom