Illinois...

I've entered a few with my questions not being answered to or replied to...maybe I'm finding other older threads too...but I gt responses on here more than others

I have 13 pullets 6 is browns, 2 Easter eggers, 1 barred rock, 1 Rhode Island red, 1 black sex link, 1 welsummer, 1 white legbar and 1 fools laces Wyandotte. This is my first year with birds we started in March
Welcome. Just wondering..... What's a "fools laces Wyandotte"?

Also @Faraday40 I posted the pics of the chick I think looks like your grey brown chick. What do you think?

It does look similar.
Mine had a face mask when hatched (1st pic) & a little less brown. 2nd pic was 2 weeks old.
IMG_1610.JPG IMG_2678.JPG

BTW- I've had some orp chicks turn out like this from past hatches. They basically looked black at hatch, then grew in feathers with brown lacing around the edges. I always assumed mine were mixes, so I never took the time to grow any out. I now wonder what they would have looked like.
20170716_135825-jpg.1078698

I also snapped some pics of my Juvies. They are filling out nicely and my mottled orp pullet is a big girl. Hoping to get some more flecks of color on the Jubilee after her first molt. And the russian has great color and the muff is nothing but fluff! 20170716_140119.jpg 20170716_140019.jpg 20170716_140024.jpg 20170716_140032.jpg
The 3 pullets are about 2-3 weeks older than my handsome Black orp cockerel. He is going to be a looker, just like his Dad. I hope he will earn the name McDreamy II

Edited to add: These 4 finally went in on their own last night. It only took about 5 weeks!

Last edited:
I've entered a few with my questions not being answered to or replied to...maybe I'm finding other older threads too...but I gt responses on here more than others
If you post a new thread in the correct forum, then your post is seen by peeps that watch those category of threads.
Here is a quick link for duck thread posting.. :)
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/ducks.42/create-thread

I personally know very little about ducks. Occasionally a few mallards visit my yard, but they fly away as soon as I get near. :frow

Back
Top Bottom