Illinois...

I'm in Orangeville live on Wisconsin Illinois border I will be asking lots of questions this is my first time raising Pekin ducks for eggs I have raised mallards but they started to fly and then they just kind of flew away and came back in the springtime to mate i this is my first backyard duck raising I am looking for someone to tell me how big of Dimensions I would need for a duck house for my 10 Pekin ducks

Welcome to BYC!

I'm from southern WI but spend a lit of time here with my friends. Everyone on this thread is great!

We live in Norther IL Woodstock, IL. Just getting started.

Welcome!

So sunday is probably the best time for me to come get jasp and phee......silly you, who gets to rest?

LoL well if you are going to get your birds then Faraday and I might not be able to get together Sunday. LoL.

Thank you. Hes a sweetheart. He originally was just supposed to be a companion for the girl, but we have fallen in love with him!
Guess who else has fallen in love with him!? DD has been keeping them in her bedroom. By now we're all used to hearing his little crows and sort of tune them out. Not sure how... but DS can soundly sleep through the morning rooster duet with ease.

Jasper's a funny little boy and doesn't want to cuddle but happily sits on my arm or shoulder. He's always striking a pose like he wants people to continue telling him how beautiful he is.

His father Teddy doesn't have the same independent streak. Teddy always wants to be held, carried, massaged, and pampered.

Meanwhile Phoenix has been making about an egg a day. I saved up a couple handfuls of eggs for you so your son can have an omelet. :gig

So sunday is probably the best time for me to come get jasp and phee......silly you, who gets to rest?

LoL well if you are going to get your birds then Faraday and I might not be able to get together Sunday. LoL.

Uh Oh! Double Booked again. Crazy things happen when I'm busy teaching multiple chick classes, selling chicks, prepping the girls for the recital, making costume accessories, planning the after party and carpool logistics, and still try to do all the reg mom duties like cooking, laundry, cleaning..... After reading below, you ladies may not want to be seen with me in public.

I recently got back from rehearsal & happened to look in the mirror. Earlier I was teaching the girls how to apply eyeliner. I showed them on myself. I really should have washed it off or applied it to both eyes. Yes, I went out to the dress rehearsal wearing no make up except some eyeliner on ONE eye.
:oops:

Other than my ridiculous appearance, everything else went well. Thankfully all the attention was on the dancers.
IMG_6507 copy.jpg
IMG_6505 copy.jpg
IMG_6530 copy.jpg

Fancy braids to pull back the bangs & a twisted bun.
IMG_6521 copy.jpg
hairpiece using our fav roo's feathers in the center (Mr Dummy)
IMG_6539 copy2.jpg

FREE TO GOOD HOME or trade for a bag of layer feed.

5 adorable baby chicks, 1 week old.

Bantam polish & bantam cochins,

Best guess is 3 girls, 2boys (not guaranteed of course).

All very healthy.

Local pickup in Aurora, IL.

Message OR text at 630-664-07-three-four if interested.

pics of all chicks and parents to follow.
View attachment 1760961
View attachment 1760962 View attachment 1760959 View attachment 1760960 View attachment 1760963 View attachment 1760964
View attachment 1760966 View attachment 1760965 View attachment 1760967
These little guys are still available.

If you guys are already meeting, i can pick another day. Its no problem. :)

Thank you for your patience. :) I'm sure you're excited to have your special little birds back.

Uh Oh! Double Booked again. Crazy things happen when I'm busy teaching multiple chick classes, selling chicks, prepping the girls for the recital, making costume accessories, planning the after party and carpool logistics, and still try to do all the reg mom duties like cooking, laundry, cleaning..... After reading below, you ladies may not want to be seen with me in public.

I recently got back from rehearsal & happened to look in the mirror. Earlier I was teaching the girls how to apply eyeliner. I showed them on myself. I really should have washed it off or applied it to both eyes. Yes, I went out to the dress rehearsal wearing no make up except some eyeliner on ONE eye.
:oops:

Other than my ridiculous appearance, everything else went well. Thankfully all the attention was on the dancers.
View attachment 1762726 View attachment 1762725 View attachment 1762728
Fancy braids to pull back the bangs & a twisted bun.View attachment 1762727 hairpiece using our fav roo's feathers in the center (Mr Dummy)
View attachment 1762732

:D

5/6 poults hatched by mama
I was flogged for taking this picture
:rant

View attachment 1763073

LOL Sorry to hear you got flogged.

I have only one question. Does they have feets?

Still no sign of our blue slate jenny. DH2B thinks she has gone broody somewhere. We'll keep looking and hoping. I just wish she was safe. Problem is she may have climbed up under the collapsed hay shed out back it's hard to say.

The turkey eggs in the styro-bator look great at this point. Hatch 1 They also have 1 dozen eggs in with them. Thankfully at least half of the English Orpingtons are developing and all of the CL look good. They haven't been separated as long though.

Coolerbator will be one week on Monday and I will be adding chicken eggs. Hatch 2

DH2B has been working on the big cabinet incubator build too.

Back
Top Bottom