Illinois...

Well here they are! Took them a little while to figure out the heating pad but now they're all settled down for the night. One has pasty butt ☹️ but I figured out how to clean her up! And the best part is my husband is hooked; he loves the chicks 😍
IMG_20210305_165959209.jpg
IMG_20210305_170029920.jpg
IMG_20210305_170301622.jpg

Awesome! What is the one with the skunk stripe?
I'm pretty sure it is my bielefelder I should have paid more attention when getting them... I was so excited I didn't think about trying to remember which pattern was which 🤦‍♀️

My guess is Wyandotte. Bieles are brown striped chicks. The browns could also be Easter Egger if puffy cheeks.

Either way, they're all so cute!

That looks like a northern fowl mite to me. If you have to magnify it that much I can't believe it is a tick.
I think the mites are especially bad this year for some reason. They are especially opportunistic on injured or sick chickens, they were covering my Brahma who was pretty ill a short while ago.
From what I see it looks like northern fowl mite. Gave flock B a permethrin shower. Injured hen is by far the worst.
20210306_164653.jpg

Using this. Just a clean garden sprayer. I wanted to do bath but just too complicated. I'll do it all again next weekend.
20210306_165458.jpg

Back
Top Bottom