Illinois...

I am on community well. I think ecoli is one of the things we had natural resistance to but since we sterilize our world we lost our tolerances. Chicken eggs have salmonella so we should all be sick constantly. Honestly I've stopped cleaning my coffee cup and have used the same fork in my work truck for months without washing. And I've never gone this long without being sick.
Yes they did a study and people who are too clean have more illness and allergies.

I lost the last 2 of my old hens from 2015. One a week ago on Thursday and one this Friday. BJG s

Anybody want a lonely only poult?
I have a white poult that hatched out of a 3 or 4 week old bait egg. 2 first time chicken moms weren't taking care of it. At least it wasn't near them and everywhere else when it was 50f. Huddled in the wrong nest box Everytime I looked. I finally brought it in a couple days after it hatched. One Eye was shut but it's open now. It's a week old today.
How long before it gets big enough the chickens wont bother it? My flocks run like street gangs.

I'm so sorry! Weird question about your lonely girl, would you ever consider re-homing her? I only ask because last night at my favorite wine bar, one of the owner's asked me if I knew where they could get a solo hen. They had a raccoon attack while out of town (their chicken-sitter left a gate open) and now they only have one lonely girl. Their plan for the spring was a new coop and some chicks but they don't want Bo Peep to have to make it through the winter alone and want to try to find her a friend. There was one farm I thought of that has a lot of chickens who came from various homes and situations but she doesn't have any laying aged hens to part with. And since Bo Peep is under 2 years, they were hoping for someone who'd be with her for a while, not one closer to the rainbow bridge. I don't know if you'd want to part with your girl (or if anyone knows of any other places) but it just seemed too coincidental that I've come across 2 lonely hens in less than 24 hrs.
I probably won't re home her but will consider it. DD favorite. If I ever made a house chicken it would be her. Penny is the biggest sweet heart but she does know how the streets work lol.
She is getting beat up in her run so I put her in with flock B and instantly same story. Then I set her with the CX and she instantly attacks to become the boss.

I'm so sorry! Weird question about your lonely girl, would you ever consider re-homing her? I only ask because last night at my favorite wine bar, one of the owner's asked me if I knew where they could get a solo hen. They had a raccoon attack while out of town (their chicken-sitter left a gate open) and now they only have one lonely girl. Their plan for the spring was a new coop and some chicks but they don't want Bo Peep to have to make it through the winter alone and want to try to find her a friend. There was one farm I thought of that has a lot of chickens who came from various homes and situations but she doesn't have any laying aged hens to part with. And since Bo Peep is under 2 years, they were hoping for someone who'd be with her for a while, not one closer to the rainbow bridge. I don't know if you'd want to part with your girl (or if anyone knows of any other places) but it just seemed too coincidental that I've come across 2 lonely hens in less than 24 hrs.
My young girls are flighty and meat mutts or I would offer one. They have never been handled.

Yes they did a study and people who are too clean have more illness and allergies.

Yes! I'm clean enough but not crazy about things and literally never sick. My kids touch things. We have dogs, chickens, and a lizard. Never sick! Everyone I know who is crazy with the hand sanitizer and constant cleaning, they're always sick. We need the germs to build our immunities. I will never believe anything else.

I probably won't re home her but will consider it. DD favorite. If I ever made a house chicken it would be her. Penny is the biggest sweet heart but she does know how the streets work lol.
She is getting beat up in her run so I put her in with flock B and instantly same story. Then I set her with the CX and she instantly attacks to become the boss.
I get it totally! You can't re-home DD's favorite but I hope she finds her place in the streets.

Weird question about your lonely girl, would you ever consider re-homing her?
I may have 2 hens that I am considering selling. Winter a partial blue silver laced gal and my partial gold laced gal. Winter is coming on 3 I think. Not terribly flighty. Quiet. Golden girl is flighty, just turned 15 mo I think. I also have a black pullet. About 2 mo.

I may have 2 hens that I am considering selling. Winter a partial blue silver laced gal and my partial gold laced gal. Winter is coming on 3 I think. Not terribly flighty. Quiet. Golden girl is flighty, just turned 15 mo I think. I also have a black pullet. About 2 mo.
@homeschoolin momma forgot to mention hers are all English Orpingtons. (Big, extra fluffy, round chickens.

Back
Top Bottom