Illinois...

Ugh! A friend just texted that someone she knows found a chicken and posted a note for someone to claim her or they are going to eat it. So now she wants to know if I want another chicken. And of course, the mama bear in me is like "Of course I will take her" but then I am thinking about how much work quarantine and introduction will be and that means for sure no baby chicks. Sigh. I hope the owner shows up.

Ugh! A friend just texted that someone she knows found a chicken and posted a note for someone to claim her or they are going to eat it. So now she wants to know if I want another chicken. And of course, the mama bear in me is like "Of course I will take her" but then I am thinking about how much work quarantine and introduction will be and that means for sure no baby chicks. Sigh. I hope the owner shows up.
If its a hen I would take her..

Hello, I have 2 silkie roosters that need rehomed. I live in town and have a backyard farm and am unable to have roosters. Please help me find them a good home. Depending on your location I may be able to meet you or bring them to you.

Attachments

• Muffin 2 (2).jpg
    Muffin 2 (2).jpg
    350 KB · Views: 2
  • Muffin 2 (1).jpg
    Muffin 2 (1).jpg
    300.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Brave 2 (1).jpg
    Brave 2 (1).jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Brave 2 (2).jpg
    Brave 2 (2).jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
To test to see the effect of shipping on hatching eggs, we shipped some eggs to ourselves. To keep it fair, our son is using @Molpet's eggs that were gathered at the same time from the same flock. I met @Molpet Monday morning and she gave me the eggs she collected over the weekend. Half the eggs stayed here and the other half are having a crazy journey! (Shipped eggs were bubble wrapped, packed in foam peanuts inside an inner box. More packaging placed between inner and outer boxes.)

Eggs were dropped off Monday afternoon at Clarendon Hills Post Office which is about a 10-15 min walk from my house. I requested tracking updates. It's fun getting messages about your eggs as they travel across the country. It's just silly reading all the messages as the eggs need to move across the neighborhood.

For your entertainment:
Here are some of the messages (in blue)

Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on April 4, 2022 at 5:32 pm in CLARENDON HILLS, IL 60514.
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 5, 2022 at 10:32 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

If it was sorted less than a mile from here, why was it sent east to Chicago?
On April 4, the delivery estimate was April 6 before 9pm.

Your item departed our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 5, 2022 at 1:49 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Your item departed our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 5, 2022 at 9:56 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Your item departed our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 5:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Ummm. So when did it actually leave Chicago?

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 9:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Why were the eggs shipped all the way out there? That's even farther away than Chicago. The truck would have passed our house on its way west.

Your item departed our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 10:16 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Your item departed our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 11:47 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Monday through Yesterday I also got messages stating the expected delivery would be April 6 before 9pm. I stayed up to make sure no eggs would be left outside overnight. No updates since lunch, so I entered tracking number online. Only thing changed was the delivery estimate was made 24 hours later. I never got a text about that!!!
This morning:

Your item departed our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 7, 2022 at 5:02 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Your item departed our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 7, 2022 at 5:57 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Seriously?! Is it still in Fox Valley? What were all those departure messages about yesterday morning?!
:idunno

To test to see the effect of shipping on hatching eggs, we shipped some eggs to ourselves. To keep it fair, our son is using @Molpet's eggs that were gathered at the same time from the same flock. I met @Molpet Monday morning and she gave me the eggs she collected over the weekend. Half the eggs stayed here and the other half are having a crazy journey! (Shipped eggs were bubble wrapped, packed in foam peanuts inside an inner box. More packaging placed between inner and outer boxes.)

Eggs were dropped off Monday afternoon at Clarendon Hills Post Office which is about a 10-15 min walk from my house. I requested tracking updates. It's fun getting messages about your eggs as they travel across the country. It's just silly reading all the messages as the eggs need to move across the neighborhood.

For your entertainment:
Here are some of the messages (in blue)

Your item has left our acceptance facility and is in transit to a sorting facility on April 4, 2022 at 5:32 pm in CLARENDON HILLS, IL 60514.
Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 5, 2022 at 10:32 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

If it was sorted less than a mile from here, why was it sent east to Chicago?
On April 4, the delivery estimate was April 6 before 9pm.

Your item departed our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 5, 2022 at 1:49 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Your item departed our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 5, 2022 at 9:56 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Your item departed our USPS facility in CHICAGO IL NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 5:59 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Ummm. So when did it actually leave Chicago?

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 9:37 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Why were the eggs shipped all the way out there? That's even farther away than Chicago. The truck would have passed our house on its way west.

Your item departed our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 10:16 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Your item departed our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 6, 2022 at 11:47 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Monday through Yesterday I also got messages stating the expected delivery would be April 6 before 9pm. I stayed up to make sure no eggs would be left outside overnight. No updates since lunch, so I entered tracking number online. Only thing changed was the delivery estimate was made 24 hours later. I never got a text about that!!!
This morning:

Your item departed our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 7, 2022 at 5:02 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.
Your item departed our USPS facility in FOX VALLEY IL DISTRIBUTION CENTER on April 7, 2022 at 5:57 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

Seriously?! Is it still in Fox Valley? What were all those departure messages about yesterday morning?!
:idunno
And I wonder why my eggs from Louisiana and Virginia were scrambled. 😱 :rant :barnie

Back
Top Bottom