Illinois...

Today it was announced that our family won 2nd place for our chicken-themed Trunk or Treat. And, guess what the prize was???

A 'Raising Canes' gift basket. We found it very amusing to win gift cards to a CHICKEN restaurant for a chicken-lovers display.
:lau :lau :lau

It's OK. We will enjoy the free meal. The kids are fine with eating chicken as long as it's no one they know.
People here love raising canes! It's a very popular place!

@Molpet

Sti
20221023_085038.jpg
20221023_084904.jpg
ll can't make up my mind. Male or female. Thanksgiving is getting closer. I once thought I saw it trying to pose, but it was just the tail and back feathers kinda flayed out, not a full standing up kind of thing. Still not huge like my male last year either, but not tiny either.

I have two silkie bearded boys. Hatched May 9th. Both almost black. Near Edwardsville, Madison County. View attachment 3291131
I wanted to say Smoke and Charlie went to a new home Tuesday. I found them a home by talking about them to everybody I knew and a friend in another state called her DIL and she knew someone who had just lost her silkie rooster to a coon.

Hello everyone,
Is this one of "the" state threads everyone mentions to find when people had chickens in need of rehoming? I'm in southern IL, and I have a cute little blue frizzle chick that needs a new home. Based on the red, three rowed comb, I'm fairly sure this little one is a cockerel, and we already have two wonderful roos.
We let our broody silkie hatch two (adopted) blue eggs and this is one of the chicks that hatched on 9/6/22. The momma is our blue egg layer from Meyer (a splash Steele Egger) and the daddy is our frizzled silkie/serama mix cockerel (his mom was a serama and his dad a silkie).
Since daddy would have the cream egg gene and momma has the blue, I assume this little one has a blue/green egg color gene as well. It obviously has the blue feather coloring and frizzled gene too. So there's three fun genetics to add to your flock, if you don't already have blue feathers, blue/green eggs, or frizzles. :)
I frequently travel interstate 64 from Indiana to StL, so I can meet you along that route, if you are interested.

Attachments

• IMG_6893.jpg
    IMG_6893.jpg
    697.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6896.jpg
    IMG_6896.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6901.jpg
    IMG_6901.jpg
    707.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_6906.jpg
    IMG_6906.jpg
    407.1 KB · Views: 1
Hello everyone,
Is this one of "the" state threads everyone mentions to find when people had chickens in need of rehoming? I'm in southern IL, and I have a cute little blue frizzle chick that needs a new home. Based on the red, three rowed comb, I'm fairly sure this little one is a cockerel, and we already have two wonderful roos.
We let our broody silkie hatch two (adopted) blue eggs and this is one of the chicks that hatched on 9/6/22. The momma is our blue egg layer from Meyer (a splash Steele Egger) and the daddy is our frizzled silkie/serama mix cockerel (his mom was a serama and his dad a silkie).
Since daddy would have the cream egg gene and momma has the blue, I assume this little one has a blue/green egg color gene as well. It obviously has the blue feather coloring and frizzled gene too. So there's three fun genetics to add to your flock, if you don't already have blue feathers, blue/green eggs, or frizzles. :)
I frequently travel interstate 64 from Indiana to StL, so I can meet you along that route, if you are interested.
I've has more luck on Facebook than any other platform. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom