Illinois...

I am liking this weather (a bit dreary but the temps and no snow is great) but I’m now fearing my garden will suffer. These are daffodils starting to poke out! ☹️ I hope this colder temps this week stop their growth but doesn’t harm them.

IMG_0994.jpeg
IMG_0993.jpeg

I am liking this weather (a bit dreary but the temps and no snow is great) but I’m now fearing my garden will suffer. These are daffodils starting to poke out! ☹️ I hope this colder temps this week stop their growth but doesn’t harm them.

View attachment 3712803View attachment 3712804
Mine too have been poking out of the ground. I fear for a very bland spring this year.

There is an entrance fee, but I forget how much.
I'm glad to see it returned. It was off during Covid.
There was an entrance fee in previous times if I recall correctly.
I think it was $1
Best to get there early. By noon,,,, many of the sellers were wrapping up.
I got many of my pet chickens from there. They also featured garden supplies and nursery stock/flower starts. And yes.. in previous years I seen dogs for sale. Mixed mutts,❤️:yesss: But priced very reasonably. Dog prices seemed to go thru the roof lately. Except if you choose a rescue:hugs
Rescues,,,,, is pretty much the only kind myself and my extended family owns.
Molpet,,,,,, I know you have one now,,, Post some more pix :frow

I'm glad to see it returned. It was off during Covid.
There was an entrance fee in previous times if I recall correctly.
I think it was $1
Best to get there early. By noon,,,, many of the sellers were wrapping up.
I got many of my pet chickens from there. They also featured garden supplies and nursery stock/flower starts. And yes.. in previous years I seen dogs for sale. Mixed mutts,❤️:yesss: But priced very reasonably. Dog prices seemed to go thru the roof lately. Except if you choose a rescue:hugs
Rescues,,,,, is pretty much the only kind myself and my extended family owns.
Molpet,,,,,, I know you have one now,,, Post some more pix :frow
Kankakee county or city, I forgot which, decided that dog sales were all bad. Some people just brought their dog with and powers that be claimed they were advertising blah blah blah. So much for a farm town.

I was enjoying the mild winter - until yesterday.
Not looking forward to Friday.

DS is the only one enjoying himself. He shoveled yesterday but stacked the snow in the center of the driveway. (At least it is in front of cars and doesn't block our exit.)
His goal was to make a tall spire; however, it looks more like a Dr Seuss creation.

This is what happens when you ask my son to shovel the driveway:
3D7AEC9C-CE15-459A-9A69-0A147CEC625C.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom