Illinois...

Quote:
Where in So. Illinois are you? My daughter is getting into Silkies and a few other bantam breeds. And, wow! Your goats are adorable! My kids keep trying to talk my husband into a couple but we just don't have goat resistant fencing. I'd love to have a milk goat just to make cheese with. Maybe someday.

Its a shame we live so far apart kinder! Im getting a flock of mille's and we could always trade for new blood (maybe if we met halfway? lol)

My Zip is 62233. You can map quest it if you want.

We travel north quite often. So it is very possible I could meet somewhere.

I really do love my goats. They are actually profitable. While chickens usually aren't.

We milk everyday. Wanting to start making soap but haven't had time yet.

Hi, I have a couple of roosters that need new homes. Hoping somebody close by might have room for them?

The first is a young frizzle rooster. He just started calling, so he is very young. He has shown a little bit of agression towards some of our youngest standard sized pullets. Nothing too bad, but we really just have too many roosters in the coop. He's a very pretty frizzle in calico colors. Our four year old son bought him as a pet at the Kankakee chicken swap in June. We didn't realize that he was a rooster at the time.

The second is a large rooster. I'm fairly certain that he's a silver leghorn. Very pretty rooster, and fairly docile. He's obsessed with our silkie hen, so now we've been hatching silkie/silver leghorn cross chicks all summer. We need to get him out of the way so that our silkie rooster can get his job done!
smile.png

Both are free, and can be picked up at our home in rural Paxton, IL. We're located about half way between Champaign and Kankakee a few miles east of I-57.

Email [email protected] if you're interested! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom