Illinois...

Quote:
What is the benefit of doing this? What does it cost?

Here, just outside of Springfield, I just got my birthday Incubator and I am working on getting it set up. Looking to set some eggs by Sunday night for a Feb 20th hatch. My roos are a Silver Laced Wyandotte, a Barred Rock and an Auburn Java. My hens are SLW, BR, Java, Red and Black Sex-Link and a Easter Egger. This is my first time....please give me tips!

Testing diseases for poultry and for showing poultry.

The tests are free, however you would have to buy or make the test boxes. They will have the dye tests and I think you have to buy the slides, and all those extra stuff that goes with it. They will also provide the chemical bottle for you.

That was the information given to me last year.

Quote:
Yup, me! I live north of Rockford, right on the WI border.
frow.gif

I will be certified aftetr April 6th this year. I promise to drive to wherever you need if you cannot find some one closer so you can show your beauties. I am located in Will County.

I just like to stay certified as a tester since I can then test my own birds each year for NPIP and know I'm covered to sell at swaps (even though most don't check for this like they are supposed to). I can also test any birds I buy if they are not from a certified farm. Just much easier and cheaper than trying to find someone else to test birds for me when I need it.

I do still keep any birds I bring in from elsewhere quaratined for a period of time as there are other diseases they could have.

Hello my fellow Illini!
I am very excited to be a part of the BYC community! I reside in W. Joliet Illinois and seriously trying to get my peeps by end of Feb. (Depending on the ordinances) If you have any ordinance info or help for my area, please let me know:)

Back
Top Bottom