Illinois...

Quote:
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.
Where my father lives, there was no leash law and he is also in unicorporated will county. New lenox township, where dad lives, has now instituted a leash law. I am in a different township than dad but still in unic will county.
I was told by a police officer(also not a lawyer):
"It varies by municipality however in my unicorporated Will County municipality, the law says: I may shoot any threat to my person or property ( hens ) if it is safe to do so. It was reccomended that if the threat was a person, to call the police and NOT threaten them with a gun and not shoot them ."
I think you need to check with your local police department.

Last edited:
Quote:
Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.
Where my father lives, there was no leash law and he is also in unicorporated will county. New lenox township, where dad lives, has now instituted a leash law. I am in a different township than dad but still in unic will county.
I was told by a police officer(also not a lawyer):
"It varies by municipality however in my unicorporated Will County municipality, the law says: I may shoot any threat to my person or property ( hens ) if it is safe to do so. It was reccomended that if the threat was a person, to call the police and NOT threaten them with a gun and not shoot them ."
I think you need to check with your local police department.

Thanks! I probably will check with them now. I would think what you said ( poice officer said) would be along the right lines. I just wanted to make sure because knowing my luck, I'd shoot it then sent to jail for it
sad.png
lol. Well maybe not that bad.

Quote:
Well crap! Lol. I'm going to have to hunt for another one. I think I will do that now, because I am curious also

Thank you!
smile.png

http://www.mbaba.org/. Ok I missed an a in that first link! But this one will take you to the Midwest bird and animal breeder association website. Your welcome. I'm going to hunt for any more.

Back
Top Bottom