Illinois...

Do you think it's ok to move the chicks outside now. I'm here in Southern Illinois. I bought them back in early February and they are fully feathered and they definately don't want to stay in their crates anymore. Between the poop and dust, I know I'm ready for them to move.

Supposed to be a storm coming in Sunday night or Monday, might just move them from house to pen during the day for another week until the temps settle...Im worse than a mother hen, husband says cut the apron strings and let them be..lol

Quote:
Wow - how did I miss them!
wink.png
I'll keep an eye out!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread! My husband was born and raised in Naperville and I met him working there so we're familiar with your area. Wheaton is a great city and I'm glad you're able to have chickens there! How big of a coop are you building and what kind of chickens will be living in it?

8 x 8 coop, 13 x 7.5 x 6 run (dog kennel), and right now I'm thinking RIR, Star, Easter Egger and a Cochin roo. I'm still busy trying to get materials cheaply, although someone is freecycling me tons of lumber this week. Going to have to dish out cold hard cash for the hardware cloth.
wink.png
Hoping to be built by April 30.

Wow, you can even have a rooster? That's great! Sounds like you have a nice variety planned. Good luck finding the building materials
fl.gif
Yeah, the hardware cloth can add up!!
lol.png

Last edited:
Hey guys, are there any swap meets North of Kankakee at all? I went to Kankakee this weekend, but it took 3 hours to get there and I cant justify going that far more than maybe twice a year. I have been Googleing my butt off and cant find anything!!!! I know about the Freeport swap, cant make it to that one since it is the day before Easter and I will be out of town. Or even any in Southern Wisconsin South of Madison, more towards the Illinois border that anyone knows of besides the monthly one in Monroe?

Are you familiar with the chana , il auction? Thats about 20 miles from rockford
smile.png
You might try getting on the Wisconcin peoples thread and asking them. All the other ones I know of are iowa ones and those are still a drive
smile.png
. easterniowabirdswaps.webs.com/upcomingswaps.html
Somewhere theres another website that lists some..midwest swaps or something like it.

How did you make out at kankakee?

For more swaps, check out therodentguy.com. He has a link for swap meets. AND, you will probably see him at a lot of the Iowa swaps he has posted.

Back
Top Bottom