Illinois...

Quote:
Perhaps then, jsut on the outside of Lake county. For instance, I live in Will County near Joliet. We have Joliet address, but are unincorporated so the municipal rules do not apply. Can you look in the area you need to be and find a situation in the unincorporated area of a city just outside of lake county with more reasonable laws?

Be very careful about roosters. Many complaints come because of the roosters.

Don't forget the flies. Be courteous of your neighbors and keep the flies controlled.

Quote:
Be sure to read the laws yourself, and not just take peoples word for it. From what I read when I was researching the laws, You can do "other agricultural uses" on Rural Estate zoned land of 4 acres or more, but it doesn't say what animals can and can't be pets, or specifically bar chickens from smaller pieces of land. I can dig up the link to the site with the laws, if you'd like to study them yourself.

Has anyone else been having alot of trouble with predators? I have lost 8 birds in the last week from cages that I thought were good to predators, I caught a coon but that didnt stop anything. Anyone have any suggestions on catching or scaring these off?

Was at Rural King today, got the honor to meet Sheila in person.....beautiful lady!

Sheila and Sharon, we really have to get together in person, maybe like a meeting to brainstorm something. Got a place we can meet like a good resturaunt and do some brainstorming?

Quote:
You know, for the first time ever none of my chickens have been gotten by predetors.... Dogs have tries ( and failed
big_smile.png
). But we did trap a coon gettin in our beans!

Back
Top Bottom