Illinois...

Hi Tammy! Aren't back at school yet?! Lucky you going to the sale!!
I have two Bourbon Red turkeys that may have to go....caught one yesterday with one of my 10 day old Icelandic chicks in it's beak..
somad.gif
..it was the first day I let the momma and chicks out to range.....good thing I was outside working on something and heard the commotion! Please let me know if you see any turkeys sell and what they bring......in the meantime, the two are in "lockdown" until I decide what to do with them.

Hi, people and hellow chickens. Its been a fun four weeks now and i understand what the fuss is about. I love chickens. I've been talking about doing this for a long time and I finally got around to it. 8 turkey's, 20 freedom rangers, and 16 layers plus 8 ducks. I don't try things I dive in. always been my problem. Turned my 10x16 shed into a coop with two 16x 20 foot open range space for my birs at either end of the coop. Built a wall in the middle to keep chickens and turkeys apart. Building a pool for duckies and plan on expanding the garden into the coop. I'm in northern huskey land by dekalb, hoping to find some close by folks who know their stuff so I could pick their brains for Ideas. Thanks Mike

Hi, people and hellow chickens. Its been a fun four weeks now and i understand what the fuss is about. I love chickens. I've been talking about doing this for a long time and I finally got around to it. 8 turkey's, 20 freedom rangers, and 16 layers plus 8 ducks. I don't try things I dive in. always been my problem. Turned my 10x16 shed into a coop with two 16x 20 foot open range space for my birs at either end of the coop. Built a wall in the middle to keep chickens and turkeys apart. Building a pool for duckies and plan on expanding the garden into the coop. I'm in northern huskey land by dekalb, hoping to find some close by folks who know their stuff so I could pick their brains for Ideas. Thanks Mike
Mike,
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread!! I'm not far from you, rural Lee county, and have a daughter at NIU so am occasionally very close! I've had chickens for 5+ years so I'm no expert but I am a poultry enabler enthusiast.
big_smile.png
It sounds like you have a very well thought-out coop.

I currently have 30 Freedom Rangers that were shipped the first week of August. They are some chunks already. I raised a batch of them in the spring of '11 and really like them. I also have my egg layers, broody mommas with chicks and such which, right now, are equal in number to the FRs.........need to do some flock reduction....

Mary

OSUman,

The small livestock/animal sale is tonight, I think it starts at 6pm.

I am leaving around 11:30 this morning to head to a friends house. We are going to the sale from there. I hope I am not shocked ....I am excited to go and see how these things all work out. I am also hoping to come home empty handed! Wish me luck on that one.

NotAFarm, I am sorry to hear about your darned turkey, what the heck is he thinking? I'll keep an eye out for ya.
Also, yes, school stated the end of last week, I am just taking today and tomorrow off!
wee.gif
I'm freeeeee... LOL

Also..... tell me; what is

Quote:

Loudraven, I am just a tad bit south of you. Welcom to BYC.
What kind of ducks do you have. While I love my chickens, my first love is ducks
wink.png

welcome-byc.gif
and the world of poultry. You did the right thing. Why tiptoe in when you can dive?

Thanks, We are having fun with it.

We are only a few miles from Route 66, and have 66 chicks, so it came natural enough. A friend is working on a sign for their coop. We replace "Route" with Roost".

I love your coop name, "Roost 66". Maybe you should do a graphic like this, but something like "Get your Chicks at Roost 66".
celebrate.gif

I'm new at all this so lets see if this works

*Facebook poultry club links not allowed*

Thanks Pault76. I am new and did not realize that. I actually looked before I posted and didn't find anything mentioning it. There is a lot of info to go through though.

The Aurther livestock sale is thie Monday. Who is going?
I am
frow.gif
This will be my first time going so I have no clue what to expect.

I am going to just see what it is all about.....

Get there by five pm so you can look around before the sale starts. Don't bid on anything you have not closely inspected first! You can take the animals out of their cages to look at them, jsut make sure they don't get away from you LOL. I will be there tonight too. :)

Back
Top Bottom