Illinois...

Okay, I sent some pics to Jim Heinz, who I got the eggs from, and he agrees with me that she is a she! One row on her comb, no pointy hackle or saddle feathers and demeanor is very pulletish (is that a word?). Her egg came from a pen of Ameraucanas with a black rooster, two splash hens and one blue hen. She is blue with a few white feathers. Jim says the white may disappear by the time she has her adult plumage. Not much in the muffs and beard but that can change as she is still maturing.

NotAFarm... I need to come see you...don't I?
big_smile.png

Has anyone had a problem with the state coming out to do the NPIP? I called the state and talked to the state vet he basically told me that the state didn't have the time or manpower to check me out and I probably wouldn't have chickens next year. What a clown. So when I had a state tester check some birds for an upcoming show I told him about my problem. He about flipped lol I'd really like to get my npip so I don't have to test every 90 days.

It took them 6 months to get out and test mine, after that its a lot easier.
Has anyone had a problem with the state coming out to do the NPIP? I called the state and talked to the state vet he basically told me that the state didn't have the time or manpower to check me out and I probably wouldn't have chickens next year. What a clown. So when I had a state tester check some birds for an upcoming show I told him about my problem. He about flipped lol I'd really like to get my npip so I don't have to test every 90 days.

It's so fun to find a thread on fellow Illinois peeps! We are in Hinsdale. We have two fabulous Pekin ducks. Just this morning, a nasty hawk scared the daylights out of them and me!!! Luckily, they went underwater and held their breath long enough for the hawk to go away. TOO scary!!! Apparently, Hinsdale once had a crow problem... they got rid of the crows, and now we have a hawk problem!

welcome-byc.gif

I live 22 miles SSE of Urbana. Haven't been on BYC for awhile but I now own ~50 birds. I've been incubating and outcrossing my RIR hens for 2 years. My 5 month old hens have just started laying olive green eggs, so my roosters were probably EE.

Back
Top Bottom