Illinois...

I looked up Cornish on this website....such pretty birds. Do you only use them for meat or are they dual purpose?
Almost purely DP-- Mostly I sell hatching eggs, and young birds-- my butchering is restricted to extra male chicks...

5 eggs a week per female through breeding season when on the good breeder ration.

Welcome to all the new comers here!

One of my Cornish Rocky project pullets. They're being developed as large, meaty, dual purpose birds that lay large blue/green eggs

Some of my large fowl Cornish, including project colors of black and double blue laced red as well as the APA accepted whites and darks.

Last edited:
Wow Cedarknob, those are some "beefy"
lol.png
birds! I like that they have sturdy legs. Looks like they will hold up well!

I'd love to see the eggs! Do you have pics to share?

Wow Cedarknob, those are some "beefy"
lol.png
birds! I like that they have sturdy legs. Looks like they will hold up well!

I'd love to see the eggs! Do you have pics to share?
Thank you. The eggs aren't all this big, but this is an early egg from one of the first pullets to lay. They were early layers, and started right out laying mostly medium size eggs, and many are laying large eggs now at 6 months of age. Their CX mothers did a lot to increase egg size, and because their mothers laid lightly tinted eggs, these F1s lay a fairly blue egg instead of being real green.

Last edited:
Hey all !
I'm in the Southern part on the west side of Madison county. , just east of St Louis, Mo. in Collinsville,
frow.gif
eggsnchicks!
welcome-byc.gif
and to the Illinois thread! I just passed through your area on the way to and from Little Rock last week. Do you have chickens now?

Thanks everyone for the welcome,

Yes, We have FBCopper Marans ,a pair Dominique , barred rock and some bantys..and I have some white leghorns for the eggs,
mostly because thats what my mother raised way back when, and it brings back those memories on the farm...
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom