I'm 95% sure this is a bad egg...

macmama

Songster
9 Years
Apr 9, 2010
Gilbert AZ
But I've never tossed one and I'd feel horrible if I was wrong. Mama tossed it out twice, and it looks a lot different than the others (day 10) I can see some veining but only within the black circle-- no movement whatsoever (I can see the other chicks kicking around in there) and the big dark area floats to the top whenever I move the egg. It's bad, right?

53685_img_4008.jpg

If Mama tossed it, you can bet money on it that, it isn't any good!! I fell for it a couple times and went so far as to mark the egg. Sure enough, she always kicked out the same egg. No good!! You're safe to toss it.

Quote:
I know it was alive at some point because it had good veining at day 5. 3 days later mama kicked it out, I marked it and put it back. Today it wasn't kicked out-- but she had moved it out of the way and wasn't sitting on it so I candled it. If a few more people tell me it's definitely bad then I'll toss it. I'd just hate to toss a live baby-- but I'd also hate to have an eggsplosion.

Okay, we put it in a bag and cracked it. There was a little embryo in there-- just a little pink blob with an eye, but it was dead. *whew!* Thanks for the encouragement... we had a 100% hatch last time so I figured we couldn't be as lucky this time!
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom