I'm A Bit Of A Dolt

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by dangerouschicken, Jun 14, 2008.

1. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I decided to clean the gross part of the coop today (the area under the waterer, where it always gets rotted and stinky smelling, no matter how much you clean it), and I pulled off my glasses, throwing them into the grass.

You see, I recently lost a lot of weight and my head shrunk or something because now my glasses are always falling off my head. So when I was trying to clean the coop, my glasses were slipping down, and falling, and slipping down, and falling, so I just pulled them off.

I finished shoveling the pile of goopy poopy stinky coop soup out onto the ground. It was just this big nasty pile of grossness. The next thing was to shovel it all into the compost pile, but when I looked over to where my glasses were, I realized I had stupidly shoveled the fetid straw heap on top of my glasses. I had to get down there, eyes low enough to see, and use my bare hands to dig through to find them. AND IT TOOK SOME TIME BEFORE I DID. IT WAS DISGUSTING.

A little cleaning and the glasses were okay, but I still stink like coop soup, irregardless of the 20 minute scrub shower.
    I guess that's solidifies it: I am a bit of a dolt.

2. goatkeepers

goatkeepers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Mooresville, NC
    Aawww, sorry to hear that! I did have a funny image of your face with nose touching the ground, you on your knees looking for your glasses! [​IMG] Sorry.

3. ruby

ruby Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2008
    Gold Hill, Alabama
    Well.....at least you found them...and you'll figure out a way to un-coop soup them and your did a good thing for the coop!

4. love-my-wolves

love-my-wolves Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Front Royal, VA
    Oh, man!!! Makes me glad I switched to contacts!!!! [​IMG]

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    it could be worse, way worse. Just be glad it wasnt cow or horse poop, or even worse pig poop.

6. arlee453

arlee453 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2007
    near Charlotte NC
    All I can think about is Velma from the Scooby Doo shows...

"I dropped my glaaasssses"

Glad you found them. Sounds exactly like something I'd do... [​IMG]

7. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

8. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL!
    I cleaned the Chicken Room this week and my Goddess, I had enough feathers to make 7 or 8 more chickens. I've been sneezing them out and blowing my nose and rubbing my eyes...blech...
    But now I have a place to sit, a table to put my laptop on, a TV, a radio, lights and a fan. I'm so darned happy I could jump for joy. I took everything out and vacuumed the rug 6 or 7 times, swept it and vacuumed again...I even took all the knickknacks out and dusted them off and put them back...

9. Zookeeper9000

Zookeeper9000 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2008
    Gladstone MI
    Congrats on the weight loss I know the feeling with the glasses slipping Walmart optical will fix them for ya and don't usally charge.

Sorry about the soup coop smell try peroxide and baking soda mix. Takes out just about any smell

10. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    I've learned this the hard way. I have 3 pairs of glasses now. Some I only wear when I leave the farm for my job. The other two pairs are only worn on the farm and they sure take a beating.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by