I'm a Chickie Mommy! (Edited to replace blurry pics)

ARose4Heaven

Songster
10 Years
Apr 16, 2009
Flippin, AR
What do you see? What breeds did I get? These are the McMurray Brown Egg Layer Pullet Assortment. I ordered 100 pullets, 1 SLW Roo and they supposedly sent me a free Rare Breed chick. I have no idea who is whom. I did find 3 NN's One black and two yellow.

28261_penguin_charlie.jpg

What am I?

28261_tt_chicks_1.jpg

Turken, Turken, can you find the Turken?

28261_turken.jpg

Oh, There it is!!! This is Waldo/Wanda..depending on gender

28261_tt_chicks_2.jpg

Another Turken, can you find her?

28261_middle_tray_chicks.jpg

How many breeds can you identify?

Last edited:
The first one is a Nacked Neck, I can only tell because he has not feathers on neck. The others I have no idea. Do you have a better quality camera you can take pics with. Those are a little blurry.
hide.gif

Unfortunately, All I have to take pics with is my phone. I received 3 NN...2 yellow and one black. I think I got some SLW and RIR...but beyond that, I don't know what's in there. They are all so cute.

I ordered 101,... received 109 with 1 DOA. I am Happy!!! They all seem lively and strong. This is my first mail order experience. The waiting has been just awful! My DH ordered these for my Christmas present. I am a happy lady!

30 years ago today... I was a human mommy for the first time. This is a VERY special day for deliveries!!!!

Last edited:
I see at least a couple of EE chicks in there, one or two that look like BO babies, and the rest.... I think you're gonna have to wait until they get older.

Good luck and it looks like a fun bunch! I can't wait to have more land so I can do something like that.

Would they put EEs in the Brown Egg Layer mix?
Edit to say:
this is what they could be...Will be a colorfull flock once they grow up....
Black Australorps; Lt. Brahmas; Dark Cornish; Black and White Giants; Buff and White Orpingtons; New Hampshire, Rhode Island Reds, Barred, White, Partridge, Buff Rocks;Delaware, Sussex, Turkens; White, Silver Laced, & Columbian Wyandottes, Red Star and Black Star

Last edited:
OMG you lucky lady!!! 100 chicks!!
ep.gif
I'm so jealous!!

I hope you got some Australorps in there. They are my absolute favorite!! They would be black, with some creamy white on their chests and faces. Then they change to solid black. They are great brown egg layers, and very friendly/ cuddly.

Back
Top Bottom