I'm a failure!

furbabymum

Songster
7 Years
May 6, 2012
Burns, Wyoming
Well the drakes live. We have 5 extra drakes. I advertised them thinking someone would take them as pets. Someone wanted them processed. Seeings as we've processed other birds I figured that would be fine. Gone is gone after all. Well I just came in. Couldn't do it. Part of it was that they were far smaller than I had anticipated. It just wasn't even worth the time imo. The other part was holding this beautiful duck who was calmly looking at me and I just.....yeah. I'm freaked out now because we have a huge turkey processing planned. I actually like the turkeys, I interact with them. How on Earth am I going to do this.

Free drakes!

hugs.gif
I was out admiring our Turkeys today. I think I'm going to have mixed feeling since we hatched and raised it.

hugs.gif
I was out admiring our Turkeys today. I think I'm going to have mixed feeling since we hatched and raised it.
I can't imagine how I'm going to do the turkeys. The ducks aren't something I even see much of. They stay out in the run until I leave to go eat and such so I rarely get close to them. The turkeys, however, will come right up to us and we pet them. /sigh

I've done that, plus I've taken Drakelets to the butcher myself.

ETA: I don't think you're a failure. Maybe the task just isn't for you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom