I'm a field trip for home schooled kids!

terrif

In the Brooder
11 Years
Aug 13, 2008
Warrensburg, MO
Morning friends! I found out this morning I'm going to have a few youngsters come to the farm and see the hatch, etc. Since this seems to be happening a couple times a year now, I thought I'd try and come up with something that would make a good souvenir for the short people. Something they can take home and will remind them of the experience. What do you all think would be a good souvenir?

Terri

Do you have time to blow some eggs? Then maybe make a quick information sheet on how to blow an egg, and give each child one of each. OR just show them one, give them the sheet, and tell them to ask their mothers if they can do it with one or two of their {grocery store} eggs at home....

I don't know how old the children are but maybe a small coloring book with some chicken facts mixed in??? I have 3 children, son 8 and twins 5 and they love any information I can tell them about our chickens. They are like little sponges at that age. I think that would be a really neat experience for the children and also for you in the fact that you get to see their eyes light up like Christmas morning.

Back
Top Bottom