I'm a little confused 🤔

NiteMareTender

Songster
Apr 4, 2021
SW Virginia
I hatched an Austra White pullet from what I thought was a leghorn hen and Australorp Roo.. my confusion is that she has one brown spot on her head (along with several of the normal black splotches). Is this some genetic throwback from either breed?
I did have a BR roo as well as a GLW roo at the time as well but I didn't think those crosses would look like an AW.

I hatched an Austra White pullet from what I thought was a leghorn hen and Australorp Roo.. my confusion is that she has one brown spot on her head (along with several of the normal black splotches). Is this some genetic throwback from either breed?
I did have a BR roo as well as a GLW roo at the time as well but I didn't think those crosses would look like an AW.
Post pictures please!

Post pictures please!

20220224_141531.jpg
20220224_141504.jpg
20220224_141342.jpg
20220224_141528.jpg

Yeah, she is an Austra White. With that white skin, she can't be from the others. GLWs, BRs, and WLs all have yellow skin. I would just call the brown spot leakage.

Thanks! That's what I thought may have happened with mama being a WL. When it first popped up a few weeks ago I was scratching my head😂
I'm obsessed with the Leghorn body-type. Sadly, I only have one purebred. Here is her son, who is a Leghorn cross. Also, you know you have a BCM cockerel, right?

Attachments

• C4913FE0-7C9A-4236-91A3-9DEFEFAA0895.jpeg
    C4913FE0-7C9A-4236-91A3-9DEFEFAA0895.jpeg
    541.1 KB · Views: 2
I'm obsessed with the Leghorn body-type. Sadly, I only have one purebred. Here is her son, who is a Leghorn cross. Also, you know you have a BCM cockerel, right?
That's Lafayette, Ms Antoinette's bf. We got him as a few week old because out of the 9 eggs I let my broody sit on, she was the only one who hatched (one other hatched and died after 3 days but was born 4 days before Antoinette). He's already a beauty! I can't wait to see their babies.
I currently have quite a few purebred. Wellsummers, WL, Cuckoo Marans, BR, GLW. I also have ISA browns and EE girls although I know both are crosses. And 2 BA roos, one of whom is getting the pot🙄 ... he's awful but Antoinette's dad.

Back
Top Bottom