I'm a mommy!!!pic

Oh my GOOOODNESS!!! So precious!
love.gif
Congrats momma!

I am the unofficial queen of only chicks....
big_smile.png
Here is a tried and true formula.....get a ostich feather duster / small mirror / beanie-baby size stuffed animal / brooder lamp / medicated chick starter food to start..........
I would start already picking up itty-bitty cupping in your hand so it can feel heat and a heart beat, I like to breathe into my cupped hand for the heat, they love it. He needs a mommie and you have been elected.
love.gif
The feather duster is for him to sleep under, mirror is for company, stuffed animal is for something to snuggle with and of course lamp is for heat. Lamp at 95degrees the first week and you can drop 5 degrees everyweek to follow.....
He will probably cry ALOT.....so you might want to think about keeping him with you till the new ones come. I keep mine in my shirt and tuck the shirt in my pants or tie a sshoe lace around my waist....I also gab Alot......
duc.gif
Hope that helps.......

woot.gif
jumpy.gif
AND CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR FIRST HATCH!!!!!!
woot.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:
No, i think she is the only one from the 8 that was shipped from PENN to Alabama that's gonna make it. I'm worried she is going to be lonely and scared. She might have some friends hatch in another 1 1/2 weeks, but what to do until then? Give her a chick stuffed animal? I mean really, will she be ok alone
sad.png
???

Quote:
No, i think she is the only one from the 8 that was shipped from PENN to Alabama that's gonna make it. I'm worried she is going to be lonely and scared. She might have some friends hatch in another 1 1/2 weeks, but what to do until then? Give her a chick stuffed animal? I mean really, will she be ok alone
sad.png
???

Thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful advice
bow.gif
I have everything set up, but the feather duster. Harder to find than I thought! I guess a swiffer sweeper would be the same
lau.gif
i did put a heating pad down and wrapped it in one of my extra soft old t shirts that i wore yesterday and still has my scent. I'm already in love!!
love.gif
It crys when I am away and stops when I give it my hand to roost in.

Glad you are having fun with your fuzzy! Smart&Final has feather dusters....hope he gets friends soon.....
love.gif
jumpy.gif

Quote:

Thank you thank you thank you for the wonderful advice
bow.gif
I have everything set up, but the feather duster. Harder to find than I thought! I guess a swiffer sweeper would be the same
lau.gif
i did put a heating pad down and wrapped it in one of my extra soft old t shirts that i wore yesterday and still has my scent. I'm already in love!!
love.gif
It crys when I am away and stops when I give it my hand to roost in.

Back
Top Bottom