I'm a mommy!!!pic

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by morgakl2, Aug 30, 2011.

1. morgakl2

morgakl2 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 24, 2011
    [​IMG]

(i'm learning how to upload photo's so if I didn't do it right, please let me know how)

[​IMG] I'm a new mommy! After hatching 0/10 from my own hen, I finally hatched 1/8 from shipping Penn eggs. I'm so proud of my new baby and I owe it all to BYC for helping me get through this! Now that I have the baby, WHAT DO I DO?????? [​IMG]

2. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

put it back in the bator.

3. NovaAman

NovaAman Overrun With Chickens

Sorry, and congrats!

4. morgakl2

Jul 24, 2011
    I never took it out of the bator, nor have I opened the lid. From what I've read on here, it says I should leave it in there for 24 hours. For people who have a LG still air bator, should I remove the two red plug to increase air circulation? Do I still need to keep the humidity high, or can it go back to the normal 50%?

5. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    Yeah!! Congrats!! Is that a Silkie chick? [​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

6. morgakl2

Jul 24, 2011
    Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Yeah!! Congrats!! Is that a Silkie chick? [​IMG] [​IMG]

~ Aspen [​IMG]

Yes, Ma'am! A partridge colored silkie [​IMG] I'm so happy!​

7. tinychickies

tinychickies Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2011
    Congrats!! Are you expecting any more to hatch? I hope cutie will have some company. [​IMG]

8. morgakl2

Jul 24, 2011
    Quote:No, i think she is the only one from the 8 that was shipped from PENN to Alabama that's gonna make it. I'm worried she is going to be lonely and scared. She might have some friends hatch in another 1 1/2 weeks, but what to do until then? Give her a chick stuffed animal? I mean really, will she be ok alone [​IMG] ???

9. tinychickies

tinychickies Out Of The Brooder

Aug 26, 2011
    Is there a feed store near you that sells live chicks? You can buy a couple and it does not matter what breed they are as long as they are close in age, they will get along.

10. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Quote:No, i think she is the only one from the 8 that was shipped from PENN to Alabama that's gonna make it. I'm worried she is going to be lonely and scared. She might have some friends hatch in another 1 1/2 weeks, but what to do until then? Give her a chick stuffed animal? I mean really, will she be ok alone [​IMG] ???

She should be OK with a stuffed animal until the rest arrive, although she will be slightly bigger if the other's have 1 1/2 week to go yet. Do you have any mommies that went broody? Perhaps they can adopt her..

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by