I'm a mommy!!!pic

morgakl2

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 24, 2011
101147_photo.jpg

(i'm learning how to upload photo's so if I didn't do it right, please let me know how)

jumpy.gif
I'm a new mommy! After hatching 0/10 from my own hen, I finally hatched 1/8 from shipping Penn eggs. I'm so proud of my new baby and I owe it all to BYC for helping me get through this! Now that I have the baby, WHAT DO I DO??????
jumpy.gif

I never took it out of the bator, nor have I opened the lid. From what I've read on here, it says I should leave it in there for 24 hours. For people who have a LG still air bator, should I remove the two red plug to increase air circulation? Do I still need to keep the humidity high, or can it go back to the normal 50%?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Yeah!! Congrats!! Is that a Silkie chick?
love.gif
bow.gif

~ Aspen
caf.gif

Yes, Ma'am! A partridge colored silkie
smile.png
I'm so happy!​

Quote:
No, i think she is the only one from the 8 that was shipped from PENN to Alabama that's gonna make it. I'm worried she is going to be lonely and scared. She might have some friends hatch in another 1 1/2 weeks, but what to do until then? Give her a chick stuffed animal? I mean really, will she be ok alone
sad.png
???

Is there a feed store near you that sells live chicks? You can buy a couple and it does not matter what breed they are as long as they are close in age, they will get along.

Quote:
No, i think she is the only one from the 8 that was shipped from PENN to Alabama that's gonna make it. I'm worried she is going to be lonely and scared. She might have some friends hatch in another 1 1/2 weeks, but what to do until then? Give her a chick stuffed animal? I mean really, will she be ok alone
sad.png
???

She should be OK with a stuffed animal until the rest arrive, although she will be slightly bigger if the other's have 1 1/2 week to go yet. Do you have any mommies that went broody? Perhaps they can adopt her..

Back
Top Bottom