I'm a new member

Teresamd

In the Brooder
6 Years
Sep 14, 2013
Hello, my name is Teresa. My husband and I first got chickens this year in March. We have a ton of chickens. A newly acquired friend gave us all her Dutch banties and Egyptians. We also have 6 gold star hens, 1 Buff Orpington hen, 2 Rhode Island Red hens, 1 black star hen, 1 black Australorp hen, 3 black star roosters, 1 black Australorp rooster, 2 turkies (male and female), 2 Guineas (male and female i think), 1 buff runner duck hen, 1 khaki campbell drake, and 1 roeun drake.

I found y'all on the internet. My other hobbies are fishing, spending time with family, and taking care of my chickens and ducks. I am married and have one son who just turned 21. Luckily I work from home so get to listen to my chickens and ducks every day!!

I honestly never saw myself enjoying taking care of chickens and ducks but....I LOVE IT!!

Thank you. this place has tons and tons of information overload!! Can't wait to start reading.

welcome-byc.gif
wow you got a whole lotta chickens - do they all get along well? A lot of folks have integration issues when younger chicks meet older birds, etc.

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
You have quite a collection of birds. Sounds wonderful!

@drumstick diva-so far no problems with any chickens! Whew, I take it I have been lucky? Thank you everyone for the welcome!! :)

Welcome Teresa! We don't have ducks, but we get a lot of pleasure watching our free-range chickens (which we share with neighbors). In total we share 11 hens, 1 rooster, and 2 peeps at this moment in time. It's a motley flock, but mostly Easter eggers (my favorites).

Back
Top Bottom