I'm about to pass out with excitement!!!

Oh you people just crack me up!!! Haha no pun intended! HAA HAAAA HAAA!!! Seriously, I did not intend that pun and I just realized how funny it was =). Oh geez I think I'm delirious with excitement!

So Amylynn says it can take only four hours so that has helped me calm down JUST A LITTLE. But then once those four hours have past..... OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!! And I STILL haven't told the kids because now it's almost 7 and they go to bed at 8:30 and I just know that if I tell them then they will have absolutely no trouble convincing me that they should stay up until the first one hatches and then I will REALLY be in trouble! Four kids up late and all of us bursting at the seams! Oh dear!!!

I agree with Dheltzel! Sponsors are a must! I guess that's why I'm here =) I'm lucky at this point because I haven't felt the need to help any hatchlings, but I promise to not help!!!

Last edited:
Oh you people just crack me up!!! Haha no pun intended! HAA HAAAA HAAA!!! Seriously, I did not intend that pun and I just realized how funny it was =). Oh geez I think I'm delirious with excitement!

So Amylynn says it can take only four hours so that has helped me calm down JUST A LITTLE. But then once those four hours have past..... OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!! And I STILL haven't told the kids because now it's almost 7 and they go to bed at 8:30 and I just know that if I tell them then they will have absolutely no trouble convincing me that they should stay up until the first one hatches and then I will REALLY be in trouble! Four kids up late and all of us bursting at the seams! Oh dear!!!

I agree with Dheltzel! Sponsors are a must! I guess that's why I'm here =) I'm lucky at this point because I haven't felt the need to help any hatchlings, but I promise to not help!!!
It "can" but it's usually a lot longer....lmao. Like I said, mine averaged at least 12 hours.

Mine seem to hatch faster when I'm not watching them . . .

If I had a chick that was out 4 hours after it pipped, I'd have to name him Speedy Gonzales.

I think if you make clucking noises like a mother hen it makes them hatch faster!

lau.gif
picturing that amuses me - but who knows it could be true, I doubt anyone has every researched it.

Mine seem to hatch faster when I'm not watching them . . .

If I had a chick that was out 4 hours after it pipped, I'd have to name him Speedy Gonzales.

I think if you make clucking noises like a mother hen it makes them hatch faster!

lau.gif
picturing that amuses me - but who knows it could be true, I doubt anyone has every researched it.
I play videos of new chicks peeping on my phone by the incubator to motivate them....lol

OH REPLENDANT JOY!!!! NEW LIFE!!!! I'm glad that I did tell the kids last night and we enjoyed huddling around the incubator, squealing with delight at every little "peep peep." Because this morning there were three sweet baby chicks! :)

And we all clucked to the eggs last night and to the chicks this morning! They definitely responded with extra peep peeps!

Last edited:
OH REPLENDANT JOY!!!! NEW LIFE!!!! I'm glad that I did tell the kids last night and we enjoyed huddling around the incubator, squealing with delight at every little "peep peep." Because this morning there were three sweet baby chicks!
smile.png

And we all clucked to the eggs last night and to the chicks this morning! They definitely responded with extra peep peeps!
LOL Congrats!!

Back
Top Bottom