I'm addicted to ROOSTERS!!!

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
I was at Bantychickmom's house today and I LOVE the sound of all her roosters crowing. I have 23 pullets and only 1 rooster. I know most people hate the noise roosters make but I love it! I need to get some more!!!

Is there anyone else out there that loves crowing as much as me?

We have FOUR roosters right now! They looooove to crow. I really like listening to them, but not a 5am!
barnie.gif
I actually like their little rooster noises they make... Like the hawk warning, the "I found something to eat" call, the "Why are you doing that in MY backyard" noise, and my personal favorite, the "grr grr grr grrrrrrrrrr"!
lol.png

I love it, too, Southern. Even when they sometimes do it at 1 or 2 a.m., it never bothers me. If they wouldn't fight and the girls wouldn't be barebacked, I'd probably keep more of them. Hey, Trisha, how about a couple of gorgeous young Barred Rock boys or a Blue Orpington? Still have those if you need some more roosters, LOL.
wink.png

I LOVE crowing too. It's such a wonderful sound. While I find dogs barking a lot to be grating, I find crowing joyful. No matter what time.
Only because of neighbors do I have an almost sound-proof coop so if they don't feel as I do, they don't have to endure early a.m. crowing (less effective in warm weather when I open the windows in the coop - dilemma).
Sometimes, if it's a particularly glorious day, BJ roo will crow in broad daylight - I know he's happy when he's doing that and I love it but I usually try to distract him to get him to stop just in case of any less than smitten neighbors.
JJ

Quote:
Danny has to make room for them or heck I'll do it myself. Lt Colonel Bok Bok isn't loud and my chicken yard is pretty far from the house so I never hear him very early in the morning. The only time I heard him at 4 am was when I was outside at 4 am.

Barred Rock Roo sounds wonderful. I do have 5 Barred Rock ladies (not including Blind Tiny).

Last edited:
Southern chick,
I'm getting some hatching eggs - and if there are roos, I'll be happy to send them your way
big_smile.png
We have one rooster and I am going to keep it that way so that the neighbors don't complain.

If you took a little trip over here, I'd give you however many you wanted. They're 10 weeks old now and I have a few who have gorgeous barring and are very friendly. I have 7 I need to sell/give away before the end of April when my next hatch happens.

Back
Top Bottom