I'm at a bit of a loss....

Oh boy! Well....I'm either going to get an egg, or someone will start crowing! No crows so far, not even a hoarse voice like the other Buff who was male. They all seem the same color to me, but I'm staring at them every day, kinda like your kids, so I'm probably blind! Well, I have 2- 3 week old white rocks in a brooder, soon to be added. I figure eventually I should have some hens!!
smile.png

That's ok! I just need to be able to handle them for health checks when necessary. That was my main concern. Being a cuddly lap chicken is a bonus! I had worked hard on socializing and handling them, and it looked like all my work with her was for nothing. I've decided, someone needs to write a book called, " Chicken Psychology 101" for those of us who are new!
lol.png

These are Dominiques, but I think the color rule still applies. You can see the difference. Pullet in front, rooster in back. Yours look like pullets to me.

Last edited:
Sigh of relief! I'm glad the general consensus is pullet! I'm only allowed 6 in my town and location, and I've already returned one. Including the 2 in the brooder (hopefully both hens!) I'm at my max, and I really didn't want to have to return another! Trying to get all hens can be a challenge!! I think, much later, if I have to replace, I'm going to try sex linked! Anyway, thanks for the input! I've been looking at that flock sideways since yesterday!:) That's ok, though! I'm very grateful for all of the information provided! I'll be working with Essie over time and see if I can make some changes with her.....or not. I know it remains to be seen!

Back
Top Bottom